FOURTEEN

I waited until the cars drove off to call my father and tell him how messed up and idiotic the police force in our town was. After that I drove JJ's truck home to grab everything I needed. 

You see, Kaylie had mentioned something vital to me before I had left. She confirmed my theories that Lizzy had indeed called the cops on JJ. So now Lizzy has to go.

That brings me to now, outside of Lizzy's home-that doubled as the funeral home-exactly two weeks later. She would be asleep right now which meant it was prime time. 

Mr. and Mrs. Colby played Bridge at the Wilks every Tuesday night from seven-forty to ten like clockwork meaning that Lizzy was all alone in that big house. 

Now having access to all the mortuary tools I could just knock her out and makes this painless, but who are we kidding that isn't my M.O.

No, I had so much more planned to do to the bitchy brunette I had considered a friend up to a few hours ago. 

It didn't take long to find her picture perfect bedroom on the second floor of the house-made even easier by the fact the doors weren't locked. 

I flipped on the light switch as soon as I found it. "Wake up, Lizzyboo!" I said in a friendly tone. 

Lizzy rolled onto her side and slowly opened her eyes. "I'm tired, E, and it's almost ten." She complained.

Who went to sleep at ten on a weekend? Definitely insane, right? Maybe suicide? 

"You turned my boyfriend in you little bitch." I stated. "But I seem to have neglected to tell you I'm who killed Esme and helped clean up Evangeline's murder..... Oops?" I shrugged a shoulder. 

Lizzy reached for the drawer in her nightstand, but I was to her and grabbed her hand before she could. "I wouldn't do that." 

Pulling a gun from my back pocket, I leveled it at the center of her forehead then reached over and grabbed stationary from the nightstand. I dropped the stationary and a pen on to the bed. "Caleb Wilks murdered Esme in a fit of rage because she told him she was the reincarnation of Hitler and planned to kill him so he brutally murdered her and left her in the woods outside the school. Then he threatened you to tell the cops it was JJ. As for Evan's murder you lied because you were a jealous bitch of my relationship since you're secretly straight." I told her. 

Lizzy looked at me before beginning to write exactly what I had said. 

"No funny business or I'll shoot you in the head right here and now." I threatened. 

"No funny business." She repeated, pausing what she was doing to look up at me with fear in her eyes. 

She really thinks she's going to live, how cute!

"Now tell them the guilt has overrun you because you've put the Rose family in such distress and a false promise of closure that you simply cannot bare it." I shrugged a shoulder. "Then tell your family goodbye and sign your name."

Her tears dripped down onto the page as she wrote making it even more realistic. This plan was foolproof. 

"Okay, good Lizzy." I sighed. "Now shoot yourself." 

"What?!?" Lizzy exclaimed. "You want me to kill myself!" 

"Yes. Now do it or I'll make this even more painful." I handed her the gun slowly.

++++

"You miss me, Sugar?" JJ asked as the guards brought him out the gate from the county prison. 

I nodded excitedly before jumping into his arm. "I missed you so much." I hugged him tightly. 

JJ was released exactly one week after they had found Lizzy's body which was one week too long in my opinion. 

We clung to each other for a moment before pulling away to examine one another. 

JJ's hair was a little shaggier and he had stumble growing because they don't let them shave very often, but I have to admit it looked kinda hot on him.

After we settled into the car he turned to me. "What now, El?" JJ asked, his eyes searching my face for any signs.

"We set the town ablaze." I answered with a smile. "Then we get the hell out of here and go live in Cali."

My gorgeous psycho leaned over to press his lips to mine and that was all the answer I needed to tell me he was on board with the plan. 

This town would pay and by our hands.