C H A P T E R 4

[4]

A L A S K A

My hands began to tremble and my breath hitched

Those people. They were mother's friends. They made me suffer just like my birth giver-No, even worse. They still haunted me in my dreams and I get terrified by just looking at them.

Harry and Megan.

(Author of the future note: I wrote those names unintentionally. I had forgotten who they belonged to when I wrote this chap, lol.)

Megan was a decent sized woman. She had black hair that reached her shoulders and dark brown eyes. When she was angry, her eyes would turn almost black.

And I experienced that a lot.

Harry. . . he was my absolute nightmare. I thought I'd never have to see him again. . . yet here he was, standing in the same room as me, breathing the same air. He was the one, who did the most horrible things a little girl could ever experience.

When they saw me, they scrunched up their faces in disgust and glared at me.

"What is that little piece of shit doing here?" Megan sneered.

A couple of the guys chuckled, whereas the others looked annoyed or just threw some glares my way.

"I-" I was so pathetic. I was taught differently. I was taught to be strong, to not show that I was scared, to hold my head up high. So, I cleared my throat and spoke up. "I gotta go. Nice to see you again," I spoke in the most polite way I could bring up. Everyone in the room looked kind of shocked at my politeness, but I couldn't care less.

I stormed out of the doors and jogged trough the streets until I was sure that I was far enough away from this hell-hole.

You can never escape the hellhole.

And why is that? I am not there anymore, I am somewhere else, although I know that I will have to go back there.

Your real hellhole is inside of your head.

I know.

I keep drowning in my thoughts and memories. They hold me up at night and they stop me from moving on at day. The scars and bruises that were littered all over my tiny figure, were daily reminders of how much of a disgrace I was. I would never be able to feel true happiness, not even for one day. I wasn't blessed with happiness. I didn't deserve it.

I deserved pain.

As I walked around, I spotted a small park and sat down on a bench.

When I raised my head and looked at the sky, I was amazed. It was orange and purple, a few small white dots were evident on the sky and the half moon was faint. It looked breathtakingly beautiful.