C H A P T E R 31

Get yourself some popcorn and tissues, in case you're quite emotional. This is the big big chap of the Mafia ball!

Enjoy ☺

[31]

A L A S K A

"You look...wow." Xavier breathed out as he pulled me in for a hug. His breath tickled the crook of my neck and his arms were wrapped around me, holding me tight as if he didn't want to let me go.

"Ahem. I still don't approve of this." Leo mumbled from behind, making me chuckle and wiggle out of my boyfriend's grip, who grumbled some incoherent words under his breath.

"Don't be like that! You already told me you were fine with it! You can't take it back now, idiot." I exclaimed and slapped my best friend's arm, who still scowled at Xavier.

In the last couple of weeks a lot of things happened. Leo and Max finally approved of my relationship with Xavier, I went on my third date with him, Lex improved a lot when it comes to his training and my father approached me once, begging for forgiveness. He had a desperate look in his eyes when he was kneeling in front of me, with his hands folded, apologizing over and over. After some time I got tired of it and turned around, leaving him on the floor.

I felt kind of bad at first but then an image of him giving me that look full of hatred and disgust came to my mind. The feeling that he had made me feel back then came up but soon turned into anger, so in the end I just forgot about him and his pathetic attempt of an apology. Somehow it was a lot easier to act cold with my dad than it was my brothers.

Anyways, today was the day that I dreaded oh so much. I didn't want to be here but Leo, Max and Xav gave me a feeling of security, which made me relax a bit.

Not secure enough, though.

I was wearing a long, beautiful black gown with a sweetheart neckline and black high heels. The bracelet that symbolized my friendship with those two idiots was wrapped around my wrist as well.

"Ladies and gentleman, I welcome you to the most important ball of the year. This time we, the Hades, had the honor to plan the event and have it here in our ball room. Today I will introduce to you someone very important in my life-" I scoffed at that.

"She's a beautiful young lady. The pride of our family, though we didn't treat her like it-" he mumbled the last part to himself although everyone heard it since the microphone was still only a few inches away from his mouth.

"This is my daughter, Alaska Hades."

The room went silent as I made my way to the stage. This was the most annoying part of the ball. The indrocution of new gang or family members. When I walked up the stairs I glanced around the room to find everyone staring at me. I saw lust filled looks, which sent chills down my spine, as well as glares, coming from some of the girls that were clinging onto a man's arm who was about 10 years older than them.