C H A P T E R 37

(Warning: death and murder ahead!!)

[37]

A L A S K A

"Why don't you just shoot me then

"Why don't you just shoot me then." I said, looking my birth giver dead in the eye.

There was nothing but emptiness. Her eyes were so dull and lifeless that her eyes just looked like two black holes filled with nothingness.

"No! Leave my daughter!" my dad yelled loudly, trying to stand up.

Oh god, I didn't even notice that he was hurt. Shit.

My heart was beating rapidly in my chest, almost threatening to jump out any second. I inhaled a deep breath and closed my eyes as I listened to all the noises around me. To the noises from outside, the sounds of the night, like the chirping of grasshoppers.

When I opened my eyes again I spotted the twins and Max, trying to sneak upon my brith giver, in the corner of my eye, whereupon I raised my hand, indicating for them to stop, which they did.

"My dearest daughter...how pathetic you are." she chuckled evilly and her finger slowly crawled to the trigger as the voices around me slowly faded away.

I only saw her in that moment. The woman of my nightmares. The woman that made my life a living hell over and over again with so much joy that it just disgusted me. She had so much fun in playing with me and making me feel miserable...it was truly despicable.

My face was void of any emotions as I still wondered whether there was still anything humane about her or if she was just a ruthless and heartless monster.

"Why?" I suddenly blurted out making her give me a slightly startled look.

"Why what?" she sneered, a bit of her saliva escaping her lips and landing on my face.

"Why do you hate me so much? What did I ever do? The only thing I ever wanted was your love and acception? Why couldn't you give me that, huh?" I asked, desperation lacing my voice.

My palms were sweaty and my eyes started to fill with tears, which I didn't swallow down this time. I let them fall. The warm tears ran down my cold cheek, creating a burning sensation on my skin.

"Because you always got their love. You always got everything you wanted. I had to fight for them, for their love, for their affection. But you? You just got their attention 24/7 and you didn't even do anything?!" With every word she said, she raised her voice a little bit more until she was full on yelling at me.

"You were that spoiled little princess with the perfect body, the beautiful face and 'a heart of gold'! But I didn't want you to know that. So I did what I had to do. I abused you, took your happiness, bullied you, called you names...and all that just so you would never know how beautiful you truly are! And when I looked into your eyes back then...I saw nothing but happiness. And it disgusted me. True happiness needs to be earned, you can't just have it, but there again...you had fucking everything that I didn't!!"