||Chapter 23||

┎┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┒

Chapter Twenty-Three

┖┈┈┈┈┈┈┈<[°°°]>┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┚

"What the Hell is Happening? Will Our Main Character Ever Catch a Break?"

   "You left me with a group of strangers."

   "You act like you haven't done that to me before."

   "You should learn from my mistakes," Safira teased Lorrie. "Don't make them yourself."

   "You always told me to do as you do," Lorrie reasoned.

   "That's besides the point."

   "That's exactly the point."

   "Anyways," Safira drawled. "Do you mind grabbing my dagger from the death machine?"

   "It's a car and sure," Lorrie told the woman.

   Lorrie turned and started toward the car. Safira had been in that universe for a total of 2 days and she was already taking in most of the new world fairly easily. She had some slip-ups with her words and phrases, but she was doing a lot better than Lorrie expected.

   "Lorelei Gilbert."

   Lorrie jumped and turned to see a group of people staring at her as if she had just curb stomped them in a mud puddle. "Can I… help you?"

   The man standing in the middle smirked and stepped forward. "You already have."

   The group fanned out as their chanting began. A head-splitting pain forced Lorrie to her knees.

   "What the hell are you doing?"

   "Ruining the Originals. Those abominations don't deserve happiness with all of the strife their mere existences cause," the man shouted.

   Lorrie groaned and held her head in her hands. Maybe she should have just told Safira to piss off and not be such a worrywart for thinking she needed a knife. Maybe she wouldn't be in this position. People really needed to stop targeting her. It was pissing her off.

   Lorrie felt the excruciating pain dull and the chanting dissipated. Her hands slipped away from her head and collided with the ground, her gaze snapped up. The people were gone… along with her car. Her surroundings were the same, yet slightly different.

   "What…" Lorrie mumbled.

   The forest seemed more filled with life, the sky seemed bluer and more beautiful. Lorrie shakily stood to her feet and trekked into the forest.