Time for Class

Katara's POV

"Azula.", I gritted my teeth as I heard her whiny voice from down the hall, I closed my locker and turned to face her. "what do you want?", Sokka stepped forward angrily, afraid he was going to march over to her I put any arm up in front of him to keep him back. Last thing we want to do is upset the school president, yet again.

"just saying good morning is all. I hope you have a terrible day. teachers pet Katara and talentless nobody Sokka", Azula walked over and stared us both in the eye with a playful grin on her lips, god if only I could punch that grin away. It took a lot to hold myself and Sokka back. But it had to be done.

Azula walked through us with the other girls and kept walking down the corridor. we watched her until we couldn't see her anymore. "you have to be kidding me. I hate how she gets away with this! and we can't even tell anyone about it. god dammit!!", Sokka turned to the lockers to punch one pretending it was Azula then sighed as I put my hand on his back.  She hurt him. She wasn't going to get away with that.

"Uh hi there!", spoke an unfamiliar voice behind us, we both turn to see a boy similar to our age, bald with blue arrow tattoos. "Can you help me find my way to class?", he asked us, but we have no reply, I didn't know what to say, he must be too young for tattoos. or is he? suddenly I snapped out of it.

"o-oh uh sure. my names Katara, this is my brother Sokka. who are you?", I looked him up and down trying to figure out where he might be from. "My names Aang. It's a pleasure to meet you both!" He cheerily replied. how is he so happy? he does realise he's at Ozai academy right?

"What's with the arrow tats my man Aang?", Sokka rudely asked, resulting in me nudging him and sending a frown his way. "my arrows? oh I was raised with the group of monks who live deep in the mountains, it's tradition for each monk to have the arrows", he spoke confidently but there was no denying he sounded a little crazy.

"oh wait. I think I know which group you're talking about, they never come to town, I've only seen them once but they stay pretty private" I adjusted my bag as I spoke hearing a small snicker from Sokka, knowing he's laughing about my knowledge. "well they prefer to be surrounded by peace and tranquillity, I swear I've seen some levitate because they've meditated for so long", Aang laughed whilst rubbing the back of his neck.

"yeah well, we better head to class so, see ya later bald boy", Sokka quickly turned and began to walk away but I reached out and grabbed his bag so he stopped. "wait we need to show Aang to his class. he's lost." I heard Sokka groan and looked back at Aang.

"no don't worry about me I have my all knowing phone, I think it might be called google" Aang scratched his head, clearly hasn't held a phone before. "yeah and this is Katara my all knowing sister", Sokka rolled his eyes and took Aangs timetable sheet out of his front pocket.

"he's in our class. lucky us.", sokka threw the paper back at him and walked on forward. He was being so rude to him. I guess it's because people don't really make friends here, we stick to our families. Aang being here might make that difficult.

Sokka's POV

nearly everyone was in school now and it was time to get to class, I didn't want to get stuck with that weird Aang kid. but because Katara wants to help him so much I have to help too. We all walk in to class, Katara and I sit at our usual desks that are right next to eachother, Katara is sat in front of me. I look up and see a very confused Aang. maybe I should help him out, and it could help me out too.

"psst Aang. how about you sit here, I'll sit somewhere else", I smiled at him and stood up letting him take my place, I knew exactly which space was free. I walked to the desk in front of Suki's. "Well guess I'm sitting here now huh?", I sit down and kick my legs up so they're resting on the desk and I'm leaning back on my chair.

"what a nice surprise for you eh?", I wink at her with my head practically resting on her desk, I feel her grab my short pony tail. "can it stinky sock I need to focus for this lesson", Suki pulls back on my hair then let's go, so I end up going forward on my chair and sitting at my desk properly. yup she's obsessed with me.

Aang got introduced to the class and everyone was curious about him and the lesson turned into a who the hell is this kid questionnaire. Yet the one who I thought would be the most interested is the least. Katara. She's got her books out, and working. completely ignoring the kid speak. I found it odd but, she doesn't stop working for anyone really.

Aang's POV

after getting questioned by my new classmates I sat back down at the desk ready to pay attention to the lesson, but I couldn't. When I looked at the professor, I felt my eyes wonder ahead of me. what's happening. no don't get distracted, the monks said one of your main problems is that you can't focus.

I suddenly realised where my eyes were taking me. Katara. Why are my eyes doing that? nope. don't think about it Aang, focus. I took a deep breath in and tried my hardest to focus on the lesson itself.

But half way through the lesson I heard something outside and I looked out of the window, there's a small girl with black hair throwing a ball in the air and hitting it to a wall then hitting it back to the wall, and again, and again, and again. Is that fun? She seems good, at whatever she's doing, hey maybe I should join her, she's playing alone.

wait. I can't. I have to focus. They must have a break at some point. as soon as that break comes, I'm finding that girl and I'm hitting that ball. and I'm going to have fun doing it.