Lesson Sixteen: How to Love a Person Like You Love Food [Part 2]

REMINDER: PRAYER'S BETTER THAN ANYTHING. So pray before you read. May Allah grant us all the strength to get up for prayer right when the adhaan is called. Ameen. 

Umar's Mom 

"Ayyub, go get Umar quickly. You don't know what might happen next." I said, quietly. This wasn't good. It happened before and now it's happening again. Why did I let Amarah go with Annie? I put my head in my hands and heard Ayyub get up to pat my shoulder then leave. This can't be prevented. He's going to have to go through that stage another time... The phase of guilt which isn't his to deal with anymore. 

Ya Allah, please protect my son.

Amarah

This is unbelievable. 

"So you're telling me he murdered your entire family?" I asked finally clearing my head. Annie and I were sitting by a window in the banquet hall. My heart was sinking to the bottom of the sea. I couldn't think positively about this situation at all. It was like my heart was weighed down by rocks. She didn't answer. 

"Are you in love with him?" She asks with her tone changing. Before she talked as if she genuinely wanted to be friends, but now... she's talking as if she's mocking me. My mouth opens a little. "You know, we used to love each other too." She said as if this conversation turned into a joke. "Maybe he'll start feeling guilty again and marry me someday?" She asked, with a smirk. "He did destroy my life after all. I think it's his job to make it any better. Though he should know I'll never be happy no matter what he does for me." 

"You're one twisted little brat..." I whispered. 

"What?" She asked with disgust. I smiled. 

"Nothing. Now I came here for the food and not to discover your ugly side. So if you could excuse me, I'm going to leave." I said, getting up calmly. 

"You're not in love with him?" She asked. 

"I'm getting married soon and he's not the man." I said, not even turning back as I walked away. 

That girl's a monster. But if what she says is right... Umar might have killed someone's family. 

But it can't be. 

When I came back to the table where everyone was, I saw Umar and Ayyub gone and Auntie sitting there nervously. I took a seat next to her. 

"That girl is a psycho." I confirmed out loud. 

"Amarah... did she tell you something?" Auntie asked. 

"Yeah and she also proved what a psycho she is. I don't want to talk about it right now... It bothers me." I said, looking down. 

"I'm sorry you have to go through this." She said, looking tired. "It took so many years to help Umar to understand how it wasn't his fault. And on the other hand I had to worry about Ayyub too... I spent nights crying to Allah and now... I might end up crying myself to sleep for the rest of my life now." I looked her in the eyes and saw a tear flow down. I put my hand on her shoulder. 

"You will do no such thing." I declared smiling at her. "It's because I'm here." 

Yeah, obviously I know I'm here and I exist but how am I going to stop Umar from falling into a trap. I got up and went to search for Umar. I finally saw him coming out of the men's bathroom with Ayyub a minute later. 

"There you are." I said, out loud. Umar didn't look at me. "Don't tell me you're going to feel guilty over that girl." He looked up. 

"You know?" He asked.