Chapter 2

Alexandra's Pov

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Alexandra. She was the daughter of the Beta of the Black Water Pack and she was cherished by her family. Growing up she never wished for anything, she had everything she ever wanted, a loving mother and father and a brother who protected her. One could say that she had everything, except she always felt like she didn't belong here.

I remember when I was a little girl, Hunter, Jack and I used to play together in the back yard. We were the tree musketeers as our Luna used to call us. Hunter, the son of our Alpha was the same age as my brother two years older than me. That of course didn't stop me from following them around like a lost puppy all the time. We always got ourselves in trouble and drove the Luna crazy.

As the years passed and we started slowly to drift away. Hunter started to complain that the annoying little sister couldn't hang with them anymore. Jack tried to change his mind and sometimes I got to be part of their group. Things got worse when I was thirteen. We were in the middle of practice and we were learning how to fight in our human forms when I got paired with Hunter.

I was so excited that I could finally show him and everyone else what I could do so they would let me part of their group again and I went a little overboard. When he lost the fight he looked at me with hate in his eyes. Of course it didn't help that everyone started making fun of him that he an Alpha lost to a little girl.

I think that was the moment that I started to feel like I didn't belong. And then my torment started. He would often make fun of me at school about the way I looked, how I dressed, how I talked. I used to run to my brother and cry for hours in his arms until I couldn't anymore. He was the best brother in the world, he always stood by my side, always protected me.

As I look myself in the mirror, I hate myself. My blue eyes are void of life as my life ended two years ago when I lost him. We were in a car accident returning home form a party after Jack's graduation. We never got the chance to celebrate his eighteenth birthday. He never got the chance to shift into his wolf and meet his mate. He never got the chance to live.

After I lost my brother my relationship with Hunter only got worse. He would often beat me during practice as I refused to fight him after the last time I fought him. Bulling me became his favorite hobby and sometimes his words cut so deep that I never wished to see him again. But I still hoped that sometime he would understand that the accident was not my fault. I know he loved my brother as if he were his own.

My parents took the loss of my brother very hard. My father stepped down as Beta of the pack in order to help my mother cope with Jack's loss. They never said a bad word to me or blamed me for his death. Even though until this day they are still healing they are always there for me. They know about Hunter's bulling and they tried many times to speak to him but he refuses to listen.

Today is a big day for me as I wait outside the packhouse for the mail to arrive. Today I will find out if got into my dream college. I know that it is hard for a werewolf to attend college, because it has to be near a forest so I will be able to shift but this was our dream. Mine and Jack's to be doctors. We wanted to help the pack anyway we could.

When I finally got my mail I run inside the packhouse and suddenly I'm being shoved to the ground. I look at my attacker and I'm not surprised to see Hunter standing above me with the flavor of the month Chelsey. Chelsey is not his mate but after a little while she started treating the pack members as if she was the future Luna of the pack.