Chapter 5

Alexandra's Pov

The moment I closed the door of his room I fell to the ground. The pain was just too much. I felt like a part of me was ripped forcefully away. How could this happen? I knew he was mad at me because he blames me for the accident, but he rejected me. What am I going to do now? How can I face him for the rest of my life when I accept my position as his beta for this pack?

I'm not going to lie my first thought was to run away, away from him and the life he so easily rejected. But on second thought I was better than that. No I will not be a pathetic rejected mate for him to make fun of. I was not the first wolf to be rejected, not the last either. I have to be strong, hell I am strong. I will survive this I know I will.

But something was bugging me. Hunter was two years older than me. He should be able to smell me sooner. He was the future alpha after all. Could he possibly know that I was his mate all this time? That is when I noticed the whining in the back of my head. Then a whisper, barely a voice confirmed my theory He knew. He knew but he doesn't want us. I reached my room and sat on the bed. "are you my wolf?" I asked but before she could give me an answer I replied for her, "of course you are. Even though I wish I could meet you under different circumstances I'm glad that you are with me now, What is your name?"

I'm Alexia and I was always with you. We are strong Alexandra, we will survive this. He will change his mind you'll see.

Hunter's Pov

When I was younger my mother used to make fun of me about Alexandra. She said that the moment I laid my eyes on her for the first time was my undoing. I was two years old at the time when we first visited the beta family to congratulate them for the arrival of their new daughter.

Jack, her brother, was my age and we used to be together since we were infants. As we grew up the three of us started to form a bond so strong that at the time scared me. I felt the need to be close to her all the time so I could protect her. How could a child protect another you may ask, well in my mind I would do anything for her.

At the age of thirteen I started to notice that my need to protect her was a little too much. After the time that a young boy hit her on the playground I forced everyone to keep their distance. My mother used to scold me about that "How can she make any friends if you scare them all away" she often told me. "She has me mother I will always be by her side, she doesn't need anymore friends" I used to say. Alexandra was happy and that was what mattered.

When the rouges attacked that day my first thought was to take her to safety, that she had to survive. I had to choose between her and my mother and without thinking I chose her momentarily forgetting about my mother. After I lead her to the safe room I returned to the fight only to watch my mother be killed by a rouge. He was searching for a young rouge that went missing a few years back. My choice that moment cost the pack their Luna, my father his mate and me my mother.

I never blamed her for my mother's death. I knew better. My mother was a strong fighter and an even stronger Luna. I knew that me being there would probably result to my death also, but I felt guilty after that day. I hated myself for choosing her over my mother and I started to keep my distance from her. She would follow Jack and me everywhere like a lost puppy and even though I still felt the need to be close to her, I didn't want to anymore. Jack used to wonder why she annoyed me so much and what caused my sudden change.

Rejectedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें