Alike. 15

+

Nini.

She looked like a reflection, a mirror image. She had the same soft brown doe eyes, a cute button nose and small lips, her long brown hair tied up in a bun,  She looked exactly like Nini physically, but her dressing sense was quite vivid and different. 
Paige was shocked. The girl she bumped into looked exactly like her. She had the exact same features as if she were a perfect copy. She didn't know what to do, and caught herself staring at her in shock and amazement. The only difference between the both of them was that she had her hair up in a bun and the other girl had hers in a ponytail.

She had met her doppelganger.

Nini then quickly apologised 'I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have.. I didn't see yo-' 'No, no its all good, ' the other girl interjected, brushing off her jeans and smiled. 'I'm sorry, but do I know you?' Nini asked, confused. 'Oh, I'm Paige Olvera and you are?' Paige responded. 'Nice to meet you, Paige, I'm Nini' Nini said and gave her a warm smile. Paige then looked at the coffee spilt all over the floor and sighed sadly. Nini walked to the counter to order another coffee, her mind racing with thoughts. Paige joined her at the counter and when the guy behind the counter asked for their order they both said 'Lemonade Coffee' at the same time and looked at each other in shock and both of them laughed.

I should get to know her. She looks fun. Nini thought to herself. They took their cup of coffee and then Nini spoke up 'Um, do you want to maybe sit down? We could like talk- its okay if you dont want to-' she offered. 'Yeah, sure' she replied happily and both of them sat down wordlessly, in a nearby table.

A few minutes later, they started talking, getting to know the other person better. Paige told Nini about her life, how she and her best friend had a popular comedy channel together in LA but she had to move to SLC because her dad got a job here. She was home schooled and was excited to see East High, the school they filmed HSM. Nini smiled. 'Why are you smiling?' Paige asked, a tad bit confused. 'Oh, you happened to bump into a student who goes to East High.' Nini replied, a smile growing on her face, as she made plans. 'Wait, who? Oh you?' Paige asked, lost. 'I'm a sophomore there' 'No way!' Paige exclaimed, unable to believe what she had just heard. They warmed up to each other, making the other laugh talking about funny incidents in their life for a solid two and a half hours. They exchanged numbers excitedly. Nini felt like she finally met someone who understood her and had a similar perspective of the world. When the topic of relationships came up , Paige told Nini 'I, um.. had a boyfriend..his name was Reese. We broke up, we weren't just you know, uh- made for each other.' Nini nodded her head understandingly. 'What about you?' Paige enquired.  Nini nervously fiddled with the infinity pendant. 'It's complicated.' she said in a vague British accent. 'Wait, are you part British? That's so cool!' 'Um, no, its uh- how much time do you have?' 'All I planned to do is pick up a coffee and then bingewatch TV series on my couch, but this is much more interesting, so yeah, you were saying?' Nini then went on to explain everything, from the day she met Ricky to the day she became EJ's girlfriend. Nini sighed sadly once she was done. 'That's a lot' she responded. Nini gently nodded her head in agreement. They were talking about their friends when Nini's phone dinged.