Heartbroken (Not a chapter)

This is inspired by a tweet I saw somewhere on Twitter. It read:
'What if Gina heard Ricky's I love you speech to Nini?'
I thought to myself, Dang that would be a fun thing to write so here it is.

---

Gina thought about Ashlyn's offer. If I stay here, I can live out my dream of Junior Year at East High! I think mom would agree. Staying here will also give me time to sort some things out and right some wrongs. I probably should accept her offer. Plus, it would be fun to have some company everyday.

She excitedly called her mom. Her mom picked up after a few rings. 'Hello?' 'Mom! Hey! Umm, my friend Ashlyn.. she offered to let me stay with her and if I stay with her, I don't have to worry about shifting to a new school and a new town with you, because I can attend Junior Year at East High! What do you think?' There was a silence at the other end of the line. 'Mom?' Gina asked nervously. 'Will that make you happy honey?' 'Yes mom, I have friends here and I can try out for some musicals as well!' 'Well, if it makes you happy, you can stay!' 'Eeee! Thanks mom!Bye! Love you!' Gina ended the call with a wide smile plastered on her face. She went and told Ashlyn and both of them chatted in excitement. EJ walked by and stopped when he saw both of them chatting excitedly. 'The shows' over. What are you so excited for?' 'Gina's staying with us! She's attending junior year!' Ashlyn said in excitement. A small smile appeared on his face. 'Good for you, Gina! See you around then!' he said and smiled and walked away. Gina was deep in thought, dreaming and thinking of all the things she would do next yearwhen Ashlyn waved a hand in front of her face. 'Oh' Gina said, snapped out of her thoughts. I have to tell Ricky! She saw a black jean jacket headed towards the dressing rooms and followed it. She stood outside, excited, waiting for Ricky to come out. She heard him talking to Nini, he should be done, anytime now.. she glanced down at her phone screen. She heard Nini picking up her bag and moving towards the door. Finally. 'I LOVE YOU! he shouted loud enough for the whole school to hear.

What?

'I've loved you since the first time you picked up your ukulele and wrote a song about clouds, a silly little song about clouds. I love you!' Her heart dropped to her stomach. Did Homecoming mean nothing to him? Was all that just a.. game? 'And that night in your room, when you told me you loved me, I meant to say it. And I've kicked myself every day because I didn't say it. But I do, I love you.'

He played with my feelings. I really liked him. I pushed through everything, but I just can't.. why Ricky?

'Ive loved you since seventh grade, when I made you ride in the front row in Demons destiny at six flags, you told me you sometimes get a little seasick on roller coasters and I said 'Come on, live a little.' Gina bit the inside of her cheek as her vision became blurry. She leaned back against the wall, tears slowly rolling down her cheeks as she heard his speech. He went on reminiscing about the fun times they (Ricky and Nini) had together. And then she heard it. The one sentence that triggered another bucket load of tears. ' Ricky um, you know in musicals, people burst into song when they've run out of things to say?' 'Yeah?' 'Sometimes, its easier to just kiss.' Gina sobbed uncontrollably to herself, and saw Kourtney approaching the room. She got up and rubbed away her tears and put on a fake smile. Kourtney told them something and left, noting the fake smile on Ginas face. It didnt take long for her to put two and two together and she gasped. Seb looked at her with a confused expression. 'Whats wrong Kourtney?' 'I just remembered something' she bluffed and excused herself and hurriedly searched for Nini. She found Nini gushing with joy, her lips slightly swollen and cheeks beet red.  'Hey Kourt! Ricky told me he loves me! ' 'I know Neeners,so happy for you! but there is something important you should know.' 'What's that?' Nini asked with a confused expression. 'Gina likes Ricky.' 'What?' 'Yeah, I think she heard the whole speech and she was crying outside.' 'Oh no, poor Gina.'

+
Gina was comforted by Nini and Kourtney, which was weird. She avoided talking to Ricky, who looked like he was over the moon. Soon, everything was forgotten. Gina cried to herself a little more and then put on a brave face and a few months later, moved on. She remained on good terms with Ricky and Nini. EJ asked her out on a date and she happily agreed.
Life is good, sometimes we gotta take some lows, to know the value of the highs, she thought to herself as she sipped on her drink in the fancy restaurant EJ had brought her to.

»
Lolz, A bonus chapter in a way!
Vote! Also, tysm for 2K reads! Still cant believe this.. anyway love you all!
Love,
~MJ♡