Chapter 27 | "sorry about that"

Jihyun ran to grab her car keys from her office and went to the front entrance, seeing the 5 boys waiting there.

"Hi guys! You ready?" She asked them happily while typing something into a computer by the door.

"Yeah! Where are we going?" Chenle asked.

"How about an arcade? There's a really fun one in Neo City. It has laser tag and stuff like that too!" She says while the doors open. They nod their heads excitedly as she walks through the front doors. She notices that none of them have followed and gestures for them to go with her.

"I gave you guys clearance, don't worry, you're allowed to leave." They nod in understanding before walking out of the doors and into the parking lot.

"Woah, are these all your cars?" Renjun says in amazement, looking at the array of expensive cars in front of them.

"Yeah, some of these are from the NCT members and some of them are the other gang leader's cars. You're lucky I brought my bigger car today." She says, stopping by a black Karlmann King and unlocking the doors. The boys turn to look at each other in awe of the car with dropped jaws. "Are you guys going to get in or...?"

They all quickly scramble into the car, Jeno and Jaemin rushing to get in the passenger seat with Jeno eventually winning, forcing Jaemin into the back. After a short drive, where all the boys sang, or in Chenle's case, screamed, to Girls Generation, they had arrived.

The guards of the mall instantly bowed at the sight of Jihyun, quickly opening the doors for her. As they walked into the arcade, the clerk widened his eyes and dropped into a deep bow. Within seconds guards had cleared everyone out of the arcade, leaving it empty for their small group.

"Woah what? It's just for us?" Jeno says in shock.

"Well, the Jang Mafia controls all of Neo City. Everyone here knows who we are and they always clear out these places for us so that we don't face any trouble." She says, smirking as she leads them into the arcade.

"By the way" she stops, turning to them, "everything here is free for you guys, so go wild. I'm going to go check up on how things are running over here and I'll catch up later." Their eyes widen in excitement and within seconds they've all dashed off to different games.

Jeno and Jaemin run over to the air hockey table, staring one another down as they face off. Chenle, Jisung, and Renjun head over to some other games,  chenle stopping at a basketball game while Renjun went to the shooting game. Jisung ran between all the different boys, watching excitedly as they played, cheering each of them on.

The boys continued to play their way through the arcade, competing in racing games, claw games, everything. Jihyun eventually caught up to them as they neared the end and they decided to grab some boba before heading home.

They made their way to the boba place, picking up their orders and walking back to Jihyun's car.

"This was the greatest day ever!" Jisung exclaimed excited.

"Yeah, seriously Hyunnie, thank you for this." Jaemin mumbled through a mouthful of boba.

"Be careful, you're going to choke. And you're welcome. Once you're all part of my ace team, we can do this more often." She says, slowly sipping on her own drink.

"We're all going to be on your ace team?" Chenle asks, his eyes widening and a smile clear on his face.

"Well that's the pl-" she cuts off as she hears footsteps coming towards them, turning back to face forward.

"Well well well, if it isn't the lovely Jang Jihyun. To what do I owe this pleasure." Says a tall man standing in front of them. He's wearing all black with a distinctive silver and purple band around his wrist.

"What are you doing here Jungkook? This is Neo City, you're not welcome here." She growls out, taking a step towards the man.

"I was just passing through and thought I saw you, I decided to stop and say hello."

"Well that was the wrong decision," she says darkly, motioning for the boys to take a step back behind her. She tosses her tea into a nearby trash can and continues to stare down the man in front of her.

"Oh that's a shame that you don't want to talk, I've been curious about why your mafia has been so quiet but it seems as though you've been...occupied" he says, looking over her shoulder at the boys behind her.

"Get out of here, Jeon or I'll kill you right now for trespassing on my territory." She spits out, drawing a knife from her holster and holding it threateningly at her side.

"Bangtan means no harm to you or your gang" he says carefully, causing her to let out a disbelieving scoff, "at least for now. Plus, I'm not scared of you."

At his last words, her gaze darkens, an almost manic evil look in them as she stares him down.

"You're not scared of me, eh?" She says, taking a step closer.

With the change in her demeanor, his arrogant act starts to falter. His eyes search around nervously as he desperately tries to hide his fear. She continues to step towards him as he slowly backs away.

"You should be." She whispers out threateningly, "I'll be your worst fucking nightmare." She stops advancing on him, holding her knife calmly and running her fingers along the blade.

"I'd really like to keep my knife clean tonight, so this is your last chance. Get out of here. Don't come back and don't fuck with my mafia unless you're ready to face hell." She says, venom dripping from her every word.

Jungkook clenches his jaw before nodding, hopping in his car and driving away. She takes a deep breath, putting her knife away as the dark look in her eyes fades. She turns back to the boys with a smile on her face.

"Sorry about that, gang rivalry drama. Anyway, let's head home." She says, ushering all of them into the car and then driving back to school.

———
~foreshadowing~ are any of you also ARMY?
Don't forget to vote and comment!