Best of You

Has someone taken your faith?

It’s real, the pain you feel

The life, the love

You die to heal

The hope that starts

The broke hearts

The trust, you must, confess

Is someone getting the best, the best, the best of you?

The Foo Fighters – Best of you

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You know, I think there’s a rule that you can’t be hotter than the birthday girl,” Ashley pouted, watching Geviana apply smoky black and gray eyeshadow that made her eyes stand out in the most spectacular way. It brought out light flecks of gold and brown, and it made Geviana look even more like the sex kitten she was.

“Yeah, and I haven’t broken it,” Geviana grinned, watching the adorable girl pouting on her king sized bed. Geviana had graciously volunteered her apartment to Ashley and a few of her friends to get ready before they headed out to 40/40 Club.

“C’mere, Ashley, let me curl your hair for you.” The pouting girl instantly beamed and hopped in front of Geviana’s vanity. When she was all through, Geviana stepped back admiringly, looking at the blossoming beauty before her.

“No one is going to look more beautiful that you, my dear,” Geviana said sincerely, as Ashley gaped at herself in the mirror after Geviana had applied her makeup and done her hair. Ashley’s usual straight blonde hair was curled into soft ringlets that framed her face and swept against her defined cheekbones, drawing attention to her eyes and cheeks. Geviana applied gold and bronze eyeshadows to her soft blue eyes, bringing them out more, and adding a twinkle to her bright eyes. Her lips were a pretty glossy pink, and her skin and cheeks were flushed naturally from excitement and youth.

Her curled hair brushed provocatively around her bare shoulders that were dusted with loose glitter, and she looked absolutely perfect in her purple strapless Chloe cocktail dress that was tightly cinched at the waist, giving her petite body and hourglass figure most women envied.

“I can’t believe this is me,” Ashley said, touching her cheek disbelievingly. Sure, she was cute. She had been told that so many times in her life, but tonight, she looked beautiful. Sophisticated, mature, and the very picture of the woman she wanted to be. The very woman she was.

“Better believe it. The guys won’t be able to keep their eyes off of you,” Geviana smiled.

“Or you. Have you seen yourself?” Ashley replied, staring at Geviana admiringly. Shoot, if she wasn’t straight, she would so go for Geviana. Geviana was wearing a Michael Kors black kimono style dress. The sleeves were billowy, and a v-neck accentuated the sensual column of her throat and hinted at the curves of her cleavage. A gold satin sash was tied at her waist, emphasizing her natural hourglass figure. The hem was fluttery and ended provocatively at her mid-thigh, making her legs look long and lean. Paired with a strappy pair of gold Steve Madden heels, she looked too sexy to be real. Her naturally wavy hair was pulled back into a causally messy bun, with loose tendrils that caressed the sides of her cheeks and back of her neck.

“Are you hitting on me, Ashley?” Geviana teased as she clasped a classic strand of Chanel pearls around her neck, the perfect finishing touch.

Ashley gave a heavy, dramatic sigh, “If only I could. You’re so out of my league.”