Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Third Person

Having Elliot confirm he wanted to be her kissing buddy had elation circulating in her veins from her head to her very heels. The mean boy who was also the most beautiful boy she had ever seen wanted to be her kissing buddy. Did that mean he liked kissing her? It was impossible for Adrian to keep her beaming bright smile at bay, she tried, she really did but her peach pink lips had an agenda of their own. Simple words from Elliot Wilds had the power to either crush her or warm her heart in a matter of seconds. There was no in-between. She was thankful right now it was the latter.

She knew kissing a boy just because wasn't right, but Elliot's kisses felt right.

Hearing him slam his truck door shut, Adrian, at last, broke herself away from the reveries speckling her overactive brain, focusing on the old off white abandoned house ahead. There was even a small matching garage beside it. Why had Elliot brought her here? Down a long crumbling driveway surrounded by woods to a house that looks to be vacant of inhabitants, and guessing it has been for at least for a little while now?

Were they on private property? Did somebody even own this land? Would they get in trouble if they were caught on it? She forced the nerve-wracking thoughts back and grabbed the cold metal door handle, pushing the heavy door open with a bit of effort. Seeing as Elliot was already sauntering across the patchy green grass to the front entrance of the home, Adrian unbuckled her seatbelt and leaped out of Elliot's monster vehicle. She didn't even care to dwell on the somewhat big drop.

Landing on her feet with a thump, she shuts the door behind her and begins to jog after the tall reckless boy only feet ahead. It was either follow Elliot or stay in the truck alone and wait. She decided real quick she wasn't fond of the idea of being by herself for however long when she didn't even know the surrounding area. She was pretty sure Elliot was expecting her to follow anyway, considering he stopped before the polished wooden door, glancing over his shoulder waiting for her to catch up.

As she closed the short gap between them walking up the ruptured cement walkway, she spotted a red gas can in his left hand, one that you'd use to fuel a lawn mower. She wondered what exactly it was for as she brought her curious gaze to the boy with whom she was skipping school, furrowing her eyebrows. Were they going to go for wheeling or something? When Adrian was close enough, ambling up the rotted front porch steps, Elliot twisted the brass doorknob and pushed open the oak wood door.

"Who's house is this?" She queried, peeking around Elliot and peering into the abandoned home.

A lazy grin pulled onto his ruby red lips. "It was mine once upon a time." He drawled, stepping inside onto still furnished hardwood floors that belonged to a dining room. Adrian followed him in hesitantly and he closed the door behind her, echoing the room. "But it's nobody's anymore." She peered around the white room, noting the plastic covering the dining furniture and the thick coat of dust along the curio cabinets. Elliot lived here? When did he move? She was shocked that even told her.

She brought her gaze back to him, ready to ask another question when Elliot's index finger brushed down her lips. "Hush." He uttered just above a whisper, it wasn't a question, it was a demand. Her lips fell shut, though they twitched to say something more. "And I'll tell you a story." He then leaned in, taking that same hand and tucking a strand of hair behind Adrian's scarlet tipped ear, his warm breath igniting her flushing skin. "Would you like that, sunshine?"

Adrian nodded just barely, noting the very little space between them, but that's how Elliot preferred it. There's nothing between us. He told her. Not even oxygen. She supposed he was right, seeing as she couldn't breathe when he was near, at least not evenly like a normal human being. His mouth pressed against her neck just under her burning ear kissing the spot with ease, causing her heart to race. She wondered if he could feel it, or hear it even, knowing she had a main artery close by.