Nine

It was their final day together before Yoongi's parents got back and Yoongi's flights to Japan were scheduled. Yoongi was so excited, he had been packing all day and talking to Areum about how he couldn't wait to visit all the sites Tokyo had.

Areum simply nodded and listened to his excited ramblings.

He even bought a Tokyo guide book from the local travel store.

Areum could hardly take it anymore. She was going to crush him. She was going to break his heart into a million pieces. Why did she had to do this? Why couldn't things be different?

"You excited?" Areum asked laying on her stomach Yoongi's bed with her feet hovering over her butt.

"Of course. This is going to be amazing Areum. I got you everything you need for the first few days and then after that we can buy you more stuff. I got you clothes and also it's cold there right now, so some mittens and a scarf. I thought this one was really cute" he showed her this cute scarf with a little kitty drawing on it.

Areum was falling a part internally.

"I also got you some toiletries and if you need some... ummm... girls products... just tell me what you need and I can get it. I forgot to ask about that" he scratched the back of his neck nervously

He is so considerate. Like beyond considerate she thought in awe.

"No, I'm ok for now, thanks" she smiled

Yoongi was packing everything into two small suitcases and rushing back and forth collecting things.

"This is really it Areum. The start of our new lives. Away from everything" he sat down on the bed near her as she sat up "we don't need anyone, as long as we have each other we will be alright, no matter what life throws at us"

Yoongi stared into Areum's eyes so full of hope and happiness. She stared back into his eyes with uncertainty.

"You're worried" he read her face "you don't need to worry" he reached out his hand and placed it gently on her cheek "everything is going to be ok, I promise" he leaned in planted a gentle kiss on her lips before getting back up to pack, leaving her once again on the verge of tears.

She needed to tell him. She had to tell him. But then he would just trap her. He would tie her up and again and make sure she never left him. This lie. This deception was her only key to freedom and doing what was right.

"Do you want to have dinner again tonight? Like something special again to celebrate?" He asked still packing things away (pointlessly).

"Yeh, sounds great" she smiled and walked over to sit back in front of the piano. She looked at some of the music sheets in front of her and found Yoongi's untitled song. She thought about it for a moment before she started to play it.

Yoongi froze in his spot.

"In the corner of my memory
A brown piano settled on one side" Areum spoke out the lyrics quietly as if to herself

She would miss Yoongi. She wanted to remember him. She wanted to memorise his song.

Yoongi listened as she taught herself the chords and the melody and the lyrics. Quietly to herself, repeating parts over and over.

He watched her learn it feeling honoured she wanted to do so.

He sat back for a while and watched her play and that's when he knew the name of the song. It was so obvious. Staring him in the face. It couldn't be anything else other than 'first love'. He had captured Areum in a song, to forever play in his mind when he needed it the most.