TEN

Draco and I made it back to the castle, standing just outside of Gryffindor. The torches were burning all along the hall, a golden light radiating off them. It was quiet, most people were at the party or they were asleep already.

"Go inside and get Potter's invisibility cloak." He ordered "I'll wait here."

"I can't just steal it from him." I huffed "Wait- how do you even know about that?"

"Are you kidding me?" he laughed "Potter isn't as clever as you think."

I laughed with him, giving his shoulder a slight push. Draco was smarter than I probably had been giving him credit for. I knew he was a powerful wizard, but his attention to details is impressive as well. He was observant. I began to think he was probably watching us more than I ever knew.

"Fine. I caved in. "I'll leave him a note, I'm sure he won't mind."
———————————————————————————
I walked into the common room, leaving Draco behind waiting for me. When I got into Harry's room, I knew exactly where he would have hidden the cloak. I crouched down, reaching my hand under his bed feeling around. My hand tapped against a box, I gripped my hands around it, pulling it out.

A brown box appeared with the letters HP engraved on the top. I opened it and inside laid the invisibility cloak, just where I knew it would be. I took it out of the box, then grabbed some parchment and a quill off Harry's bedside table and began to scribble a note to him.

"Harry,

I needed to borrow the invisibility cloak for something. I will explain later. Don't worry, It is in good hands with me.

Love, Regan."

I left the note on top of the box, laying in the center of his bed. I wanted to make sure he saw it. I'm sure he wouldn't have even noticed tonight, especially since he was very intoxicated at the party. Even still, it felt wrong taking it. When I really thought about it, it felt worse taking it to use it with Draco. I knew Harry had some sort of feelings for me and this could hurt him, but I wanted this, I wanted to spend time with Draco.

____________________________________

"Got it." I smiled, raising the cloak up, skipping back down towards Draco.

"Perfect." he grinned, reaching his arms out for me. He pulled me into a tight hug and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Come on then."

He kept his arm wrapped around me as we walked down the dimly lit halls. We were stumbling over each other's feet, laughing at what a mess we were. I think it was a combination of us walking far too close together and the alcohol still in our systems. I didn't care, I was enjoying this, living in this moment with Draco Malfoy. It started to feel like we were the only two in this Castle, and I wish we were.

"Wait, what is the plan?" I asked, we were approaching Slytherin and I wasn't sure what he was expecting me to do. I wasn't allowed in there, or rather no one would want me in there. It was also way past the curfew.

"We're going into my room, obviously." he grinned.

"What? How am I supposed to get in there?" I asked him.

"What do you think the bloody cloak is for?" he laughed, shaking his head at me, his perfectly white teeth glowing inside his mouth. "Put it on."

"Draco, what if someone sees?" I breathed; I was nervous. I had never been one for breaking the rules, but he was changing everything, changing me.

"We just have to get you through the common room." he smiled "Once we get into my room, we will be fine, just trust me, okay?"

"Okay." I nodded. My palms were sweating as I unraveled the cloak, tossing it over my body. I had never been in Slytherin before, I felt my heart speed up as we reached the top of the staircase, waiting for the portrait door to swing open.