TWENTY SEVEN

DRACO POV

I have done a lot of things I've considering unbearably hard in my life, but leaving Regan, hurting her was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

The look on her face, the pain in her eyes ripped my heart out of my chest and stomped on it. I hated myself for what I was doing, I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror after this.

I apparated myself back to the Manor. I didn't want to go inside, it was lonely and pure torture to be there. But, I had no where else to go.

I walked inside and heard the sounds of laughter and voices in the kitchen.

"Draco!" Narcissa smiled. "Look who came to visit you."

"Hey man." Zabini waved.

I wasn't sure why Blaise was here but oddly, I was happy to see him. We were friends, sure we bickered a lot but having a friendly face here would be nice, especially today.

"Hey Mate." I halfheartedly smiled.

"Why don't I give you boys some time to catch up?" Narcissa suggested.

She smiled and left the room, kissing Blaise on the head on the way out. She had always loved him.

"How you been?" He asked, taking a seat at the barstool.

"I've been better." I groaned, pulling out the stool beside him.

"Malfoy... what is it?" He asked, concern written across his face. "I mean besides everything with you know who. Or is that it?"

"No that's not it." I huffed.

"Then what?"

"It's Regan." I answered reluctantly.

"Did something happened to her?" He asked, actually sounding concerned for her.

"No." I muttered. "I broke up with her."

"You did what?" Shock was clear. "Malfoy why would you do that? I though you loved— loved her." He finished.

"I do!" I snapped. "I didn't have a choice."

"What do you mean?"

Visions from the night before flooded my head as I explained to Zabini what had happened. My voice broke as I told him everything.
———-
"Look what I intercepted." Bethany smirked, holding a letter with a crimson R.D. sealing it shut, I would recognize it anywhere. It's from Regan.

"Give it to me." I ordered.

"No way!" She laughed, ripping the letter open and reading it aloud.

'Draco,

Are you okay? I know you aren't at Hogwarts anymore. Write when you can.

I miss you. I love you.
-Regan. '

"How pathetic!" She laughed. "You are still with the bloody girl."

"I'm not." I tried to lie.

"Yes you are!" She spat. "How stupid do you think I am?"

"Honestly, pretty damn stupid." I hissed.

"Break up with her." She ordered.

"Fuck off." I snarled.

"Break up with her or I promise you I will find her and kill her myself." She threatened.

"You would never find her." I scoffed.

"No? Well, I could just show up to the wedding the Weasley's are having tomorrow."