Chosen.

I can’t look away. I can’t tear my eyes from his. I feel the caramel of his eyes melting into mine, stealing all I’ve ever known. And I let him. I let him, through this lingering gaze, steal all parts of me. But he doesn’t stop there. I feel him look deeper inside of me until I’m sure there’s nothing left and then he just…Opens me and flips me inside out. Everything. I’m naked before him. I am bare, and unshielded.

He smiles and breaks eye contact. The breath in my chest shatters and I melt into my chair. Then his hands slide into my hair and rub against my scalp. I groan softly. His touch gives me sparks, igniting fire against my skin. He looks into my eyes for a moment, hushing me and calming the heat of my spirit. I tilt my head back, exposing my neck to him and he buries his face against it, teeth dragging slowly against my skin. His tongue flicks out, catching a bead of sweat on my skin and I shiver. I feel his lips curve against my skin and then he presses an open mouthed kiss and pulls away. He’s teasing me. I growl lowly at him, my eyebrows pulling together in frustration and confusion.

He just laughs at me and stands, pulling my flush against his bare chest. I smirk and brush my teeth over his collar bone. He looks down at me with an amused expression and then lets out a growl. I whimper and bury my face in his chest. He grabs my legs and lift me bridal style, carrying me across the room. I blink and look up at me with questioning eyes. He kisses the corner of my mouth and says,” I want you. I want you to be mine and no one else’s. I don’t anyone else to look at you. Mine.”

His eyes flash like lightening in the sky. I’m shaking. I touch his face, fingers skimming across his cheekbone. I need to touch him. To ground myself. If I don’t, I swear I’m going to float away. I think he knows. He reaches up and grabs my hand in his large one. The rough skin against mine feels delicious. I crave to taste it, suckle at the calloused surface and draw my tongue against the salt of his skin. He grips my hand tighter and I feel my anxiety ebb away.

“So you found her then, Cadaver.” I look up to see the Domme looking at us with a wicked grin, “You’ve been coming here for so long looking for your mate…and to think the one I just brought in is the one. Am I good, or am I good?”

I look up at him, “Cadaver?”

His lip twitched in annoyance at the Domme and then he sighed and looked down at me, “Yes, my name is Cadaver. The Corpse King as many so fondly call me.”

The Domme chuckled as I stared at him with a shocked expression, “C-corpse?”

Cadaver rolled his eyes, “It’s just a nickname. I don’t like to kill people, darling. I was named after my…looks, apparently.”

I blinked, “But…you don’t look like a corpse?”

“When I was born up until I was a young man, I was very pale…deathly so. That with my dark hair apparently made me look…like a corpse. My family has an odd sense of humor.” His eyes twinkled.

Giggles bubbled up and poured out of my mouth in peals. Cadaver grinned at me and I smiled back, holding a hand over my mouth, embarrassed. He had the best smile in the world, very toothy and large. It made me want to smile too and laugh with him. I loved it. His teeth were white and his canines looked deadly sharp. I poked one with my finger and hissed when it drew a drop of blood. I heard a booming laugh and the chest I was learning against started shaking. I glared up at him, holding my finger.

“Don’t pout, princess.” Cadaver scolded, “You were the one who thought it would be okay to poke sharp things.”

“I wanted to see if they felt as sharp as they looked.” I huffed.

Cadaver rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, licking at the small cut on my finger. I blushed bright red and was going to yell at him. However, when he released my finger, I saw that the cut was gone. I stared dumbfounded at my finger. Cadaver chuckled and kissed my finger.

“Alphas can heal their pack. You’re my omega, darling. And my soon to be mate. It’s not unusual.”

“Still weird to me.” I mumbled and thumped his chest.

The Domme laughed and handed Cadaver a card.

“Contact me at a better time to set up anything you need for your little omega,” she smiled and escorted us to the door.