🔲Pro nouns🔳

From that day forward people in class protected shuichi. They didnt hate him and they knew he didnt deserve what he got. Of course people still bullied him but in class it was peaceful. The place that was once a second hell for him became his safe haven.
People spoke to him and though wary in the beginning they warmed up to him and actually acknowledged he's a live human being that actually feels things. Noone let the flowers on his desk return but outside of class everyone hated him even more for being close to ouma.

Its been a month.

"Saihara-chan! W-Would you like to eat lunch with me, and the class?" "R-really ouma-chan you wanna eat lunch with me? Of course!" Kokichi giggled and dragged shuichi to a table where the class sat.
Kaede was staring at her phone while Amami talked to sharogane
Kaito and maki greeted shuichi and kokichi
"Hey saihara!" "Afternoon shuichi" shuichi waved at maki and kaito and took a seat next to kokichi. "Hey saihara-chan, hows your day been?" Kokichi pulled out two bottles of panta from his bag and handed one to shuichi "thank you, uh its been alright, a few insults in the halls and father was um...angry so alright"

At this point only kokichi knew about his family situation and everything shuichi was diagnosed with. Ouma was a very caring boy so he did his best to help him out "oh... i see, w-well anyway, i brought you a bento" kokichi gave shuichi the food and offered a warm smile "thank you so much ouma-chan" shuichi bowed and returned the smile. "wow! You guys are like a married couple" kaito laughed "W-what?" Kokichi exclaimed with a red face "shush kaito" maki elbowed kaito in the ribs "OW what the hell" shuichi just laughed "I'd have to be as lucky as winning the lottery to be ouma-chan's partner" "w-what?!" "I smell a simp!" Miu poked Shuichi's shoulder teasingly and gave him a wink "ah! I'm sor-" he felt the entire table stare daggers into him. Shuichi sheepishly smiled and cleared his throat and changed the subject.

"a-anyway ive been meaning to ask if anyone here uses any pronouns other than she/her or he/him...i want to be respectful" the air cleared and the table exchanged smiles with the bluenette " Thank you for asking Saihara-kun, To answer your question saihara-kun i use they/them pronouns" kibbo raised their hand slightly "mhm! Noted ill use those then" kibbo smiled "thank you saihara-kun!" They returned to their conversation with rantaro as shuichi smiled "now that where on that topic i use she/they pronouns"kaede said not looking up from her phone "ok!" Saihara smiled "y-yeah what ever thank you i guess" she blushed slightly
"H-hey saihara-chan" kokichi tugged at the end of Shuichi's blazer "hm?" U-uh i havent told anyone but i want to start using he/they pronouns...if thats ok" he quietly said so that only he and saihara could hear "that's great ouma-chan! Would you like to tell everyone?" He looked down shyly "c-can you help me? I-ive been a little scared to tell everyone" "mhm of course!"
Shuichi poked maki on the shoulder lightly "hey Harukawa-san could you please get everyone's attention i need to say something" "sure saihara, Excuse me everyone! Saihara has something to say, the floor is yours" "thank you Harukawa-san! Uh so Ouma-chan wants to start using he/they pronouns if you could please respect them" Shuichi smiled "that's awesome kokichi-kun!"Shirogane squealed "cool, i guess we match" kaede smiled for a split second but quickly turned into her normal icy stare "thats cool" himiko smiled "t-thank you" kokichi smiled and hugged shuichi's arm. Shuichi flinched but after seconds felt an overwhelming flutter in his heart and warm cheeks "thank you saihara-chan!"

Word count:670