7. Filters / Themes

What is the work of a filter?

Each filter works on selected color schemes, where it highlights specific colors and plays down the other. It gives the feed an overall consistent look which adds to the smooth movement of eyes across the feed.

Example:: this feed is giving an overall bluish vibe. (Picture)

The best app I have used so far for themes is polarr

The best app I have used so far for themes is polarr. In this app, you can use in-app themes, or you can import themes made by others also you can make your own themes.

Alternative apps — Lightroom, VSCO.

In this tutorial, I will focus more on polarr.

How to make your own theme?

You just need to work with the tools present there, until you make something you are satisfied with.

To get a brief knowledge of how the various tools in polarr work you can see a youtube tutorial video.

How to use themes made by others?

→You can find ready-made themes, on Instagram and Pinterest. Search for (polarr codes )

→ This is how a polarr code looks like.

** Give Credits to in my Instagram account if you are using my code!→Take screenshots of the code you like

→Take screenshots of the code you like.

→Click on import code options in the polarr application.

→And then click on the screenshot, the code will be automatically uploaded to your device.

→You can use the same code on several photos.

P I C T U R E  T U T O R I A L ↓

How to get photos that are already having filters?

This option works best if you are running short of time. 

Search “BTS aesthetic or BTS aesthetic icons” and make a board of the pictures you like. You can download pictures from the board as and when required.

Colour scheme in your filters?

It depends highly upon your taste and the genre you are currently writing.

Often dark themes are preferred because they blend well with fluff and angst both. 

Pro Tip:: 1.  Avoid Red, Black, and completely white backgroud for your covers. They often mess with the theme.

2. Make a collage of a few pictures that you are likely going to use for covers and add filters to the collage. This trick will save your time and it will help you to wisely pick your cover picture. Additionally, it will give you an advanced look at your new feed.

Giving Credits to the account who made the filters?

→ Read the rules in their account before taking screenshots of the codes.

→ You don't have to ask the owner of the code for permission, you can use it without asking them.

→But giving credit is a must!

→ If you use code made by someone else, make sure to give them credits by mentioning them in the caption. (Preferably on every post with that theme.)

→ SAMPLE
filter credits @username! You just need to do this to show your gratitude.

→ You don't have to mention the name of the code you are using.

Personal opinion— As an author and creator I feel good if someone is inspired by me. So while mentioning them in your caption, DO NOT DO THIS:: @/username

RATHER @username. ← mention them in this way and let them know that you are using their resources. It makes the creator happy and makes you a respectable person who is giving open credit to the rightful.

And it adds to your better image for your readers and fellow writers.