15. Most important tips for covers

Important tips for making covers.

All the tips mentioned here are simplest, yet pays huge when it comes to the organization of Instagram feed.

I have mentioned them in short points along with the method to do that.

Use a square post only.
— using PicsArt crop the original picture to a square. (1:1)

2. Size of the cover picture
— the better the revolution, the better it will look.
— you can resize every image in PicsArt.
Tool→ Resize.
1080×1080 is the best option for an Instagram post.

3. Same placement of text throughout the theme.
— this can be achieved by using the “save project” option on phonto.
— for overlays, crop them into square first and save them. You can use these cropped overlays on your cover picture.
— for borders, remember border width, opacity, and the RGB of the color used.

4. Use a particular theme for a long period

— as mentioned so many times, readers follow it when they read a few of our content repeatedly over a short time. And our theme is the way they remember us. So it's important to use any theme for a few weeks.

— according to me, there should be 12—15 minimum posts with each theme.

5. Your account is your account.

— feel free to be creative, you aren't abiding by anyone who will guide you on how you should run your account. It's up to your choice. If you want to post 6 posts per theme, you can do it. It's after all your final choice that matters.

6. If you need feedback on your covers,

— ask your regular readers. (The one you find frequently in your activity.) Feel free to DM them personally and ask them to review your covers. Make a note of their reviews.

— depend more on the review given by your readers than friends, fellow writers, or big accounts. Keep in mind that reader satisfaction matters, not the satisfaction of your co-writers and friends.

7. Even if you are a writer, think as a reader while making covers. Your motive should be, “What kind of cover will I click.” this method will help you to give your best. (It helped me to give my best)

8. If you are not very good at editing.

it's okay. You can follow the steps in this book to make a cover for yourself. These are the easiest approaches.

— still, if you feel uncomfortable, let me tell you. It's after all the storyline that will keep readers engaged.

— cover matters, but only for seconds. But the content is the queen. The reader will swipe right the covers after 3 seconds (maximum) but they will patiently read your content for minutes.

— if your content is entertaining then no matter what you will get the appreciation that you deserve maybe sooner or later.

— but if the content is poor and scattered, no cover could make a writer grow. How long will a bee be attracted to the same beautiful flower after knowing that the flower doesn't have nectar?