Breed the Bunny

Coco Adel knew something was up with her teammate. Every time, the fashionista would find her favorite bunny hanging out with Blake Belladonna and the invincible girl herself. While Velvet hanging out with Blake wouldn't have raised any flags for Coco, the fact that Nikos tagged along almost every time they hung out was very strange.

Coco knew that while Blake and Velvet were both Faunus, Velvet and Nikos had nothing in common with each other. Then why are they suddenly buddy-buddy? Coco thought.

Then there was the weird way Velvet behaved when it was just the two of them. From asking Velvet what kind of hair product she should use to downright begging her to take her shopping for new clothes, Coco was fairly sure her once shy and fidgety best friend had someone to impress.

A boyfriend, Coco thought amusedly. That still didn't explain why her favorite bunny was hanging out with the Mistralian wonder of all people. Coco had a gut feeling though.

Why they're hanging out has to be related to Vel's changes somehow, Coco thought, rubbing her chin in thought.

The fashionista was currently sitting in the library, closely listening to what Belladonna and Nikos were talking with her teammate. While other people would find spying on your friends distasteful, Coco was not most people.

Sorry Vel, Coco thought, rubbing her head bashfully while she listened in on their conversation, But this mystery is killing me!

"Are you ready for tonight Velvet?" Pyrrha asked the bunny warmly, almost demurely from what Coco could hear. Velvet reddened and only nodded.

Tonight? Coco thought.

"Yes. Although s-since I'm a rabbit faunus, the erm…act is sometimes very lengthy, I've already told Fox and Yatsu to stay clear from the dorms for at least a couple of hours, I only need to tell Coco."

What does being a rabbit faunus have to do with anything? Coco asked herself, trying not to drop the book she was hiding her face in.

"Oh don't worry." Blake waved her hand dismissively. "2 hours is more than enough."

At this, the bunny faunus reddened considerably more. Coco could see something in the mannerisms of her teammate that she hadn't seen before. She saw anticipation.

Whatever it is that they're doing, it goes down tonight, Coco thought pensively.

The rest of the day was a bore for Coco, from stomping weaklings in combat class to listening to Dr. Oobleck ramble about noble houses of Vale and sometimes Arcadia and Atlas, Coco thought more and more about what her teammate was up to.

By the end of the day, she, along with Velvet sat along with teams JNPR and RWBY for dinner (Velvet insisted) Coco had shrugged and went along with it. While she wasn't exactly buddy-buddy like Vel with RWBY and NPR, she was a casual friend of Jaune, from long ago when they were kids.

It's good to catch up, Coco said, remembering the stumbling, nerdy child Jaune fondly from her time in Arcadia with her mother.

Coco was somewhat acquainted with the mannerisms of the members of both teams, so she noticed that the atmosphere was somewhat lighter around them from what she saw of their interactions last year. The Schnee heiress was laughing, laughing! at something the Rose girl said, and resting her head on the younger girl's shoulder in affection.