44| Ryan

Rehan ran his hands through his hair multiple times, impatient. He wanted to hold Sameer in his hands and question him in his way.

"Explain, please!" Sanjay roared looking at Sanjay Sharma.

Malhotra brothers hated the Sharma boy, their junior in school. The two classes were always at each other's throats hence, had a nickname for one another. For Sanjay Sharma, it was Shit Sanjay and the Malhotra Sanjay always hated it, because they had the same name.

"I took Sameer's statement---" Sharma begins.

"Oh please, and you want us to believe whatever you both made up. After we heard your so-called true story, I'll go to your superior and file a report and change you from this case." Rehan voiced, anger evident in his voice.

Sharma raised his eyebrows and shook his head.

"-----and he stated, 'I went to meet Tara at her Uncle's house. It had been some time since I saw her. She told me she had her Bhabhi and Bhai at the house but he'll go back to the wedding, where everyone is. I came and met Tara outside the house, her Bhabhi came searching for her, and she met me. She was a pregnant lady, a nice woman. After meeting me, she went back inside the house, and then I and Tara talked for some time. We heard a car coming, Tara said it might be her brother and I quickly went from there.' And that's what we have from him" Sharma passed the paper he had of Sameer's statement to Rehan.

"--Your cousin died and it wasn't done by Sameer. And I'm not saying it because he's my brother. At the time of Tara's death, from the postmortem, Sameer was spotted in the traffic camera, 15 kilometers away. Here are the photos from the camera." He gave the traffic camera pictures to Sanjay."

"When did he return, after meeting Tara?" Sanjay questioned.

"He doesn't remember correctly but he had this picture--" Sharma showed a selfie of Tara and Sameer, where Tara had her head on Sameer's chest and his arms around her, smiling at the camera. "This was taken just before he went, so we calculated the time, it was twelve in the night when he returned."

"I was still at the wedding that time." Sanjay closed his eyes remembering the dreadful day.

"Also, from the scanning of your house, there was no forced entry, and seeing no signs of force on Tara or Aadhya, and of course your house's CCTV was down for days so nothing left there, and we have concluded that the person we are looking for is, someone the ladies know." Sharma looked at the brothers pointedly.

"Yes, your brother," Rehan murmured. "I'm going to change you from this case."

Rehan got up from his seat followed by Rehan.

"I applied for leave for some days so that I could be with my brother but then, my superiors calls me and says, there is this case and I have been requested to lead them. And then only I got to it had you and you--" Sharma pointed his index finger at Rehan and then Sanjay. "Included."

"Nobody requested you!" Rehan exclaimed and then looked at Sanjay.

"I don't know. I would never come his way." Sanjay responded.

"Oh, I know. You would never come around my way." Sharma folds his arms to his chest, raising from his seat, and plastered a smirk.

Sanjay laughed shaking my head. "Oh boy, we are definitely going to meet after everything is settled. And I'll surely reward for every word you said."

Sharma laughed.

"Very well then. It was nice meeting you people." Sharma held his hand out for shaking to Rehan who walked away following Sanjay.