51| Coincidence

"What?" Rehan looked shocked looking at the paper in Sharma's hand.

"Not only these reports but he also says the same," Sharma looked at Mukesh. "Tell them, what you told me,"

Mukesh hesitated as everyone looked at him. "I took the money from the room Kavya Madam told me to take, she had already given me the key" He continued. "Then I heard a vehicle coming. I went to the window and saw three people. There was no Madam so I went to hid in one of the room. Then I heard two woman talking, then everything became silent. I tried to escape again but someone came and both the girls went outside to meet him. I tried to go through the kitchen door. Madam had told me not to damage anything, so I couldn't open the door so I jumped through the kitchen window. Then I waited for them to go inside the house but then a car came. Now, a boy was talking to one of the girl, the other, a pregnant lady, had went back inside. When the car came this boy went. She parked her car in the garage and---"

"You saw the person in the car?" Rehan asked impatiently. He couldn't wait to know who this was, that killed his daughter and cousin.

Mukesh nodded. "She was wearing clothes that made her look like man. At first I thought she was a man. But when she took her gloves off before ringing the bell I saw her hand and I knew it was woman. The pregnant woman opened the door. I wanted to escape that moment but I don't know why I stayed. I couldn't hear what they talked but they both went inside. I looked through the window. They were walking the stairs and when they reached the top, that lady kicked on the pregnant lady's stomach, she screamed and fell down the stairs. As she laid on the blood her eyes looked at me. I didn't know what to do, I covered my mouth not to scream. I wanted to help her but I was scared. She was begging me to help her, I could see that in her eyes. Then the other girl who was with her before screamed 'Bhabhi'. I didn't know what happened after that. I couldn't see what was happening upstairs. Then another car came, he was the same person who dropped the ladies. Then I saw the other girl falling down from the balcony--"

Rehan clenched his first in anger. He wanted to beat someone and this was not like before he was going to beat someone. A part of him never wanted to know how his wife actually got hurt, he was scared of the details.

"After he took both of them and went away I started to run. But this lady saw me, I got scared. The bag I was carrying fell down. I didn't bother to take them, I ran for my life," Mukesh looked at Sharma. "I didn't do anything sir, please leave me. Please," He cried begging folding his hands.

"You can go home but should come here whenever we call you and you can't tell anyone about anything. Got that?" Sharma looked at the Inspector, "Take him and see if he can describe this lady,"

As they left Sharma looked at Rehan and then at Kavya.

"We need to question you, so--"

"Why? I already told you everything. I didn't do anything," Kavya cried.

"This is no more a simple robbery or anything, this is a murder and, you're matching in every scenario. You ask him to steal money the same day the victims were in the house alone, also the murderer is someone they kno---"

"That's called coincidence," Kavya yelled in frustration. "Also everyone knew that I was at the wedding the entire night, you can check the wedding photos or ask anyone!"

"Okay. Malhotra will arrange that while we question you," Sharma replied.

Rehan walked out of the police station with his mind playing how Aadhya must have fallen. As much as he wanted to stop his mind played that vision over and over again.

That kick broke his daughter's neck. Killed his daughter. Put his son's life in danger. Broke his wife and him.

"Hey, what are you doing here? Did he call yo---" Sanjay's question wasn't completed as Rehan's fist contacted his face.