43| To Love And To Grieve

10 years ago.

"I have to do that!" The eighteen-year-old exclaimed. "Please Ma'am, let me go!"

"You're the head boy Rehan, so it's your job and not mine. Now go and start collecting the papers and submit them to me before lunch." His teacher said walking out of the classroom in hurry. "And also sort everything in their respective categories."

Rehan kicked his foot in the air. Groaning he stood in front of the class and slammed his hand on the table to grab his classmates attention.

"I want help. The reward will be free  lunch from canteen, today." Rehan announced and everybody raised their hands to join. "The person needs to go to every class from the first standard and collect each class's list of students participating in arts, and sort them in categories."

Everyone pulled back their hands fast, making Rehan sigh.

"Oh, come on people. Free food!" He exclaimed.

"No way. The eleventh batch doesn't even acknowledge us as their seniors, and the class below them, those ridiculous little creatures doesn't even respect us." One of his friends shouted.

Rehan went to sit on his bench. The Arts program was happening in his school within three weaks and being the head boy, it was his duty to submit the papers to his teachers. Also, it was the duty of the head girl, but she was on leave.

"Will you help me, at least?"

Sanjay looked at Rehan in wonder. "Juniors suck. S-U-C-K. And I've more things to worry about." He said removing his blue tie.

"I hope, Anvi rejects you," Rehan said loosening his tie. Throwing his head back, he ruffled his hair.

"She won't. No, she won't. Why the hell are you making me tensed!" Sanjay yelled.

"For starters, she's one of the juniors, who S-U-C-K. And she only sees you as her brother." Rehan smirked walking.

"It's not my problem that my heart went to a junior!" Sanjay shouted. "There are many other juniors here too, what if you fall for them."

Rehan shook his head moving out of the classroom.

"Really!" Gauri slapped Sanjay's head with her notebook. "Dare you play wingman, I'll kill you."

"Ouch." Sanjay rubbed the back of his head. "You both broke up!" He said giving seat for Gauri to sit.

"He broke up with me and I have to see him walking with his girlfriend! Not happening."

"So-- you won't allow him to get married too. I bet you'll be married and have a child before him." Sanjay laughed. "And you'll come to my wedding, with five children and Rehan still unmarried will be laughing at you."

"Oy, I don't want five kids. I don't even want one, I'll be working abroad and then marry a guy from there and will settle there." Gauri dreamed.

"Oh really. Don't forget to invite us." Sanjay mocked.

"I won't." Gauri pushed him walking back to her seat.