Chapter 12

*Pia Pov*

The moment we stepped our foot in Arthi's house, they dragged both Arthi and Sush for some ritual called 'Sakhar Puda'. The few girls and boys who seem to be the relatives of both of them kept on saying that name.

It is nothing but an informal marking of an engagement by giving a sari and sweets or a packet of sugar to the bride by Sush's mother but in Marathi style.

"I guess they are not going to make them even take a breath from today." Nikki said looking at them wide eyed.

"Yeah! Let's go to my house and there is a surprise for you." I said and we were about to step out.

But out of nowhere Aunty came and hugged us both that too very weakly. After releasing us she said "You both just forgot all of us. It took you three years to come here right."

"Aunty! We were just busy. Now we are here right." I said smiling a little.

"Are you fine Pia?" She asked frowning.

"I am fine." I immediately replied and then observed her to see she became so thin and there are dare circles below her eyes.

"Aunty! Are you fine?" I asked and made her sit.

"I am fine dear. Just thinking about Arthi's wedding. After this I will be so happy and will feel content with everything." She replied.

After talking for some time we excused ourselves saying that we need to meet our parents but she asked us to come compulsory for the 'Kelvan' ritual in which the both families offer their prayers to their 'kuldevta'.

We both entered our home and saw both mine and Nikki's parents sitting in the living room. Nikki looked at me wide eyed and I nodded at her. She rushed to her parents and hugged them. I too did the same and we saw the tears in our mother's eyes.

Few minutes later we all sat and talked about how much they missed us even though they visited us frequently.

"So when are you both going to get married? Arthi who is younger than you is going to be married within a week." Mom started asking the same question.

"Mom! Kalyan will get heart attack if he gets to know that you are thinking for Nikki to marry me." I said in serious tone.

Nikki and her parents laughed and then my parents followed them. It feels good to see the persons important in my like looking so happy.

"We will definitely tell you guys when we decide to get married." I said.

"I don't think Jayker's will be able to conduct the marriage following all rituals." Aunty said frowning.

"Why do you think so Mom?" Nikki asked her confused.

"Their son can't attend each and every ritual along with her as it just happened one week back right." She replied looking at us.

"We can't blame them but thank god that everything is fine. Otherwise that house would have been filled with sadness instead of the happiness which is there." Uncle said smiling.

I just looked down while they are talking everything as I don't know what to even think about the situation.

"Pia! You both go and take rest for some time." Dad said making them stop their talking.

I again thanked Dad in my head like always and rushed inside my room dragging Nikki. I breathed when I saw my room again after nearly three years.

"My parents sure know how to gossip." Nikki muttered sitting on the bed.

"Don't blame them. Jayker's are the talk of the Mumbai with their top company. Everything they do enters the newspaper. And we actually get to know many things looking at them right." I said opening my bag to get freshen up.