𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐓 𝐖 𝐄 𝐋 𝐕 𝐄

𝙋𝙖𝙞𝙣

𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 minutes turned into hours. Everything around her seemed blurry as she felt herself hyperventilating. With every breath she took, her lungs burned like she was inhaling fire. Coughs escaped her lips as she tried catching her breath and getting her heart rate to calm down. Everything was sore. Her muscles were screaming and aching with every little movement she made. A loud groan escaped her lips when she tried rolling over.

She wouldn't wish this kind of pain on any of her enemies... no, that was a lie; Chernabog was the exception.

"You okay?" Nakoa asked as he leaned over the girl's body.

He had removed his shirt half an hour ago as it started collecting sweat stains. A thin layer of sweat covered his chest, face, and along his hairline, making it seem almost as if he just took a shower. He was finding it slightly hard to breathe in here, as well. For some reason, he decided to make his daily workout the warm-up. He wanted to show Y/N something, but he just couldn't figure out what.

Y/N took quick, deep breaths. Her eyes were blurrily focused on absolutely nothing. "What kind of—" she let out a fit of violent coughs, her lungs burning once more "—kind of warm-up was that?"

Nakoa chuckled before holding out his hand to the "dying" girl. "One of a kind. I call it the 'Nakoa special'."

Y/N tilted her head up slightly, trying to make eye contact with the older boy. Her eyes looked back down at his hand before a loud groan escaped her lips as she let her head fall back on the floor. Even her neck was hurting and the last time she check they only did a full-body workout that did not include her neck. Her energy was gone and it felt as if her muscle just suddenly disappeared from her body, leaving her only a clump of skin and bones on the floor. But then again, this was a better feeling than the torture that Chernabog made her endure.

However, that wouldn't stop her from complaining.

A single clap echoed through the room, making Nakoa's back posture straighten. He placed his hands behind his back and tilted his head up. It looked like he was saluting and giving respect to the person who just clapped. Y/N turned her head slightly in the direction of the sound, too lazy to even get up and show the same respect as Nakoa.

Shang stepped towards the teens, Genie trailing slightly behind him. His face was stoic as he held his head up high, demonstrating his self-respect and power. "The real work begins now, Y/N. Get up."

Y/N groaned in response, not complying with the older man's wishes. The waiting game was something she become exceptionally good at. She tilted her head back to its original position, a small sigh leaving her lips as she let her eyes close. She just wanted to be left alone. She was tired, sore, and didn't want to be in a room with the most powerful person in Auradon who she—just so happens—to have to kill to please her father.

A chuckle echoed from on top of her before feeling someone grab her forearms and pull her to her feet, much to her dismay. She was yanked onto her feet, struggling to stand as she felt her knees buckle from underneath her. An arm wrapped around her waist, helping her stand which caused her to freeze. She pressed her lips together as her eyes bulged slightly, feeling slightly awkward as they stood in front of Genie and Shang, Nakoa's arm wrapped around her.

Suddenly, her legs were, once again, completely functional as she stepped away from Nakoa. She cleared her throat as she placed her hands behind her back, mimicking the stance that Nakoa had taken.