𝐂 𝐇 𝐀 𝐏 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑 𝐄 𝐈 𝐆 𝐇 𝐓

A/N: Just did a personality quiz thing for y/n here in this book and it turns out she's an ISTJ and idk if it like... idk suits her??? doesn't rlly make sense to me lol

tbh i thought she was gonna be something different and idk if i had done it wrong or what bc when i did the same test for the y/n in ADOL it actually made sense regarding her personality, but hey, whatever lol

Anyways, enjoy reading <3

𝙀𝙢𝙥𝙩𝙮 𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙚

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐀 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 peaceful. A weird sort of tranquillity sensation had fallen upon them as Ben continued talking about all the great things Auradon had to offer. Y/N stopped paying attention as they entered the front courtyard where a giant statue of the Beast was standing proudly. The school building was only a few feet in front of them. Students were walking in and out of the building, making sure to stay clear of the exchange students as they walked past them with their gaze fixated on the ground. The building was booming with life, but the excitement and happiness the students shared quickly disappeared as their eyes lay upon the newly arrived teens.

Yep, Y/N thought as she crossed her arms over her chest. Nothing has changed.

The people of Auradon and the Isle shared one similar thing; fear of Y/N, the daughter of the Devil.

She closed her eyes as she felt the wind brush across her face with every spring—or what she assumed what spring was like—breeze. A content sigh left her lips as she continued walking along the path that Ben was leading them on. Her eyes would wander from garden to garden as she looked at all the plants this place had to offer. It all felt so alive and pure... Y/N hated it.

Everything was so pure and full of light and goodness that it made her blood boil in a way she couldn't explain. It all felt so hopeful.

It reminded her of what a proper childhood was supposed to look or feel like. One that was pure and innocent, not darkness and pain. She knew that the way Chernabog had raised her was wrong, even some of her friends thought so along with some low-life villains that she would encounter on the streets with Chernabog leading the way.

She remembered their stares. They all looked horrified as she walked by them with her father. Every single detail was engraved into her memory. Adults pulled children towards them as they tried to protect them from the evil, the fear in their eyes as they hid behind whatever was near them. Chernabog told her that it was a sign of power. That the weak will always coward away when danger approaches.

A shiver ran down her spine as memories of her training flashed through her mind. The punishments, the pain, and the toll it took on her body as a young child.

The sound of someone clapping echoed through the garden. Y/N blinked a few times as she looked at Ben, shaking herself out of the trance-like state she found herself in. The statue of King Adam—that stood in the middle of the garden, holding his head up high—transformed into his former Beast form. The statue creaked as the king's perfect back posture turned into a slouch one and his shaven face into the one of a beast covered in hair with horns.

A scream echoed through the garden as the statue finished its transformation. The group looked towards the direction of the sound and saw Carlos jumping into the arms of Jay. The white-haired boy clung to the taller boy for dear life. Y/N pressed her lips together as she blinked a few times.

"You've got to be kidding me..." Y/N mumbled.

These were the kids that the most powerful villains were counting on to continue their evil and to set them free. The entire fate of evil rested on their shoulders and a mere statue with a transfiguration enchantment scared them.