𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡. 𝗜'𝗠 𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗥𝗬 𝗔𝗚𝗔𝗜𝗡

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

❝ i'm sorry again ❞

❝ i'm sorry again ❞

     SEVERAL days passed since the day that Nina had spoken to Sam at Embry's house and the Call boy's absence was still taking a toll on the girl. With every passing day, she became more and more concerned about the boy. She also felt a bit selfish because she was also concerned about the fact that his absence felt similar to Jared's absence.

She knew that he would never ditch her and their friends to join the hall monitors on steroids as he had called them. Nina hated that she was worried about Embry turning into another version of Jared when her friend was sick. Or so she thought he was.

The girl had been on her way home from school, listening to the sound of Nirvana blasting through her speakers as she drove. She was finally forgetting about Embry and him being sick when she stopped at a stop sign. She looked to the left to check for any oncoming cars but found something much, much worse. At least to her, it was.

She looked closely to ensure that she wasn't seeing things as her eyes began to burn ever so slightly. She held herself together, turning on her blinker to turn right instead of going straight like she would if she were going home. Instead, she found herself driving a different route, now driving in the direction of the Clearwater's house. She just needed to talk to someone. Someone who knew what it was like to be betrayed by those who were supposed to care about you.

She found herself knocking on the front door of the house, waiting for an answer.

"Oh, hey Nina," Leah sighed when she opened the door before she noticed the first tear fall from the younger girl's eyes. "Are you good?"