𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡. 𝗦𝗨𝗘'𝗦 𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦

CHAPTER SEVEN 

❝ sue's orders ❞

     EXPLAINING to her friends what had happened to her wrist was not something Nina was looking forward to. She was the least excited to tell Quil because of what Sue had said about resting and not cleaning for at least a week. She didn't want to leave the boy to do it all on his own without any help but she wasn't sure what she could do about it.

Paul was kind enough to offer to drive her to school the morning after her injury, which she accepted. She enjoyed spending time with Paul. There was something about being around him that made Nina feel safe, like he would protect her if she needed it.

Nina hopped out of Paul's truck when he parked in the high school's parking lot. He tossed the girl her backpack which she caught with her good hand. Paul gave the girl a quick hug before parting ways as they walked toward different entrances of the school. Nina walked to her locker, trading out her books for the ones she would need for her first period.

She heard footsteps approaching her, the girl closing her locker to see Quil and Embry smiling at her. She smiled back, attempting to hide her wrist behind her back. It seemed to work as the pair quickly began telling her about the video game the pair had played together the night before. Nina listened attentively even though she didn't care as much as they did about the game.

She heard Seth call out for her from down the hall behind her. She looked over her shoulder to smile at him as he rushed over to the trio of friends.

"Hey, how's your wrist feeling?" Seth asked once he was standing next to Nina.