𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘. 𝗬𝗢𝗨'𝗥𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗠

CHAPTER TWELVE

YOU'RE WARM

     ANOTHER three weeks passed, and Nina had her appointment to get her cast off of her arm. She was currently sitting in a room at the hospital with Quil while her dad waited in the waiting room. She had the same nurse from when she fractured her wrist escorting her back and he had allowed her to bring one person back.

Part of her had wished that she had Paul with her like when she had gotten hurt. It could have been a cool, full-circle type of moment but that wasn't going to happen. She hadn't talked to the boy in over a week when he blew her off to help Sam with something. She didn't mind that he didn't have a lot of time for her, she just wished that he wouldn't make plans with her and then have to cancel at the last minute.

It didn't matter though because she had her best friend with her and that's what truly mattered to her. Quil and Nina joked around in the hospital room, play fighting as they threw fake punches at one another. The girl pretended to uppercut Quil and he staggered back as he let out a dramatic noise of pain. Nina let out a laugh before her eyes widened at the sound of a knock on the door.

Quil rushed to sit in the chair across from the bed that Nina leaned herself against as the door to the room began to open. The male nurse walked in with the doctor who would be sawing the cast off of Nina's arm following behind him. He introduced the other man to the girl, the pair smiling at each other in greeting.

"So kid, are you ready to get that sunshine reminder off?" The nurse asked as he sat down next to the doctor.

"You have no idea," Nina said before she let out a deep sigh. "I can't wait to stop accidentally hitting it on everything and to be able to do everything normally again."