𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡. 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗢𝗦𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

❝ get in loser ❞

❝ get in loser ❞

     WALKING into school the next morning was better than Nina had expected it to be

     WALKING into school the next morning was better than Nina had expected it to be. She had Seth by her side as he had taken her up on the offer to drive him to school that day. In the car, they had discussed the idea of her driving him to school every morning which the boy agreed to so that he could spend more time with the girl.

"Your taste in music is superior therefore I like you more than I like Jake," Nina said as she and Seth walked down the hallway together.

"Woah, woah I do not tolerate any Jacob slander here," the named boy scoffed as he walked up to the other side of the girl.

Nina turned to look at Seth and gave him a playful eye roll causing him to laugh. Jacob pushed the girl's shoulder lightly with a glare.

"This is why Quil is taking me to prom and not you," Nina teased with a smile. "Also, he kicked your ass and it was hilarious to watch."

Jacob looked to the ground sheepishly as he recalled the memory of the week prior, scratching the back of his neck. Nina laughed at her best friend who refused to make eye contact with the other two teens. Seth, however, stood slightly stiffer at the news of Nina going to prom with Quil.

He knew that he didn't have a right to be jealous or upset over the fact she was going to prom with a different guy. It's not like he could even ask her to it. It was a junior and senior prom and the only way either of them could go was if an upperclassman asked them. Seth knew for a fact that none of the older girls would ask him so there was no way he could go.

"Oh, you think that's funny Neens?" Jacob said as Quil came up on the other side of Seth. "Don't make me take you down in the middle of the hallway."

Both Quil and Nina scoffed at the boy, the Ateara boy speaking up.

"I think everyone in this school knows that Nina can take you down before you even blink."

Nina laughed at Quil's words, the pair fist-bumping. Seth laughed at the three friends' interaction as they came to a stop in front of Nina's locker. From over Nina's shoulder, he saw three people walking down the hall together and did his best to keep the attention away from them.