𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒐 - 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

Star hated waking up late. It would not only make her feel unproductive and lazy, but it gave her mind time to think of thoughts she would rather push aside. Like her parents. Were they alive? Dead? If so, did they ever love her? And then there was the matter of her ever so confusing feelings for Sky. Now he had broken up with Stella, would it be the right time to tell him how she felt?

To keep those thoughts at bay, Star immediately jumped out of bed when her alarm blared at seven am. She quickly slipped on some leggings and a sports bra, deciding to head towards the fields where the Specialists trained. Aisha had already left, for what Star could only assume was a swim.

But her movements had managed to wake up Bloom, whose red hair was plastered across her forehead in a slightly comical way. "Star? What are you doing awake so early?"

Star turned, slightly startled. "Oh, just heading outside to train. Sorry for waking you."

"Don't worry about it." the redhead stiffled a yawn behind her hand, rubbing her eyes as she sat up. "Train? Do you train with the Specialists?"

Star smiled, grabbing her bag. "Not really, I train because I want to. Silva doesn't need to know though, so I'll appreciate if you kept it a secret between the two." after Bloom nodded, convincing Star, she stretched her limbs. "So, did you sleep okay? You know, after last night . . ."

Both Bloom and Star squirmed at the memory of seeing their first Burned One. "I don't think it's the new bed giving me nightmares."

"Also, Aisha told me about you being, you know . . . a changeling." upon seeing Bloom squirm uncomfortably, Star took a step forward in comfort. "No, uhm, I just wanted to say that if you ever want to talk about it, I'm here. I get it. And I'm not just saying that. I mean, you probably already know about me, but I was left at the stairs of this school when I was a year old, so I understand the feeling of never truly knowing who you are."

Bloom smiled softly, tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear. "Well, I'm currently just trying to ignore those feelings, but thanks. If I ever want to talk . . ."

"Yeah, of course. I'm right here." the two awkwardly nodded, not knowing what else to say as the conversation had gotten unknowingly deep for two girls who had just met. But it was comforting knowing there was at least someone else in the school who knew how she felt. "Well then, I'm going to train while I can. See you in class."