𝐯. 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥

𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒐 - 𝒏𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆

𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Star hated studying, or anything academic. She was always unable to concentrate it long periods of time on the same text, especially if she was forced to. Sure, she enjoyed reading in her free time. But for class? It was mentally impossible. And her short spam of attention was the reason she fell behind in the more academic, theoretic subjects. 

This meant that on a Saturday morning she had to spend it in the library, pouring over different books about runes and magic history. Star enjoyed the quiet and the smell of the old pages wafting, but it wasn't long before the text became blurry, and she found it hard to keep awake. She had to reread the same paragraph four times before realising that she wasn't getting any work done.

After slamming the books shut and getting glared at by the librarian, Star put the books under her arm and exited the library, hoping the dark circles under her eyes weren't noticeable. But right outside, leaning on the cobbled wall was the person Star least expected to be the near the library. "Riven? What are you doing near the library?"

"What, is it that unbeliavable I seek to study and . . . whatever it is you do in libraries?" after Star stared at him increduously, Riven smirked, tilting his head. "Fine. You caught me. Believe it or not, no one ever comes here. Best place to smoke."

Star made small noise of realisation, softly nodded. "Right. Well, fair enough."

The two fell into awkward silence as Star swung on her toes, pressing her lips together, silently begging for Riven to break the awkward silence. "So, you were studying?"

"Yeah. Or I was trying to. I just don't get it." Star attempted to blow a strand of hair that had fallen in her face before shrugging.

"Tell me about it. Beatrix can help you, if you'd like."

Star raised an eyebrow, sending Riven a curious look. "Beatrix?"

Riven looked away at the suggesting tone of her voice as he exhaled the smoke. "She's a . . . a friend. Fucking knows everything. Dunno how she does it, but bet she'll be willing to help you if you give her something in exchange."