𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

( 𝘨𝘪𝘧 : 𝘴𝘬𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 )

𝐖𝐀𝐑 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒

𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒔 : 𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒐𝒅𝒆 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 - 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉

Tension layered sweat on both Star and Sky as their backs faced each other. They slowly circled around, eyes darting around as they tried to catch any sign of movement surrounded them. Only silence was heard, minus their soft breathing and the leaves crunching under their feet. Their hair was plastered into their foreheads as Sky had his sword raised, and Star's hands were raised to her face, magic sizzling in her fingertips, ready to be used at any moment.

"Where is it?" Sky muttered frustratedly, stretching his shoulders slightly.

Star narrowed her eyes as she focused on her surroundings once again. "How am I supposed to know? I have the same vision ability as you do."

Sky opened his mouth, ready to retort at Star's stressed sassiness, yet the recognisible growl made them jump, turning around. A Burned One seemingly appeared out of nowhere, snarling at the duo as it ran full speed towards them. Star gasped, slightly hesitating as she remembered the last time she had come face to face with a Burned One. She had a scar across her stomach to prove it.

In worry and panic, Sky nudged the girl, making Star shake herself out her thoughts. As magic whizzed through her veins, ice blasted through, freezing the ground before it curled up the creature's legs. Thinking they were safe, it screamed before breaking free from the frozen ground, continuing down the path. Barreling towards the two teenagers, Sky pushed Star behind him, raising his sword.

As it was about to pounce onto the two, it disappeared, returning to the charm as it dropped to the ground. Star ground irritatedly, kicking it a few feet away as she pulled on the ends of her hair. "We're never going to defeat one of these stupid training dummies, it's impossible!"

"I'm starting to think you're right." Sky replied, sending her a small tired smile. The action made Star blush, looking away as the memory of their shared kiss plagued her thoughts. "It's crazy the intense training they're making us do. It's like they've gone full war games."