Chapter 5: Malice of the Moon (Part 3)

The next few hours were spent playing in both the garden and the house itself after Harry had quickly caught up to Astoria and then easily evaded both her, and later Daphne's, attempts to catch him, the game changed to Hide-and-Seek, where he proved equally adept. Venom said that using their abilities to become invisible and hide at the top of the Oaktree was cheating, but Harry didn't care. Eventually, the games were ended by Tiberius' call for them to come in for dinner. After a short diversion to wash up, the three children were seated at the table next to the two adults, both of whom seemed greatly pleased that Harry had settled in so quickly.

The dinner itself was incredible, the food cooked to perfection, although Harry did jump when the food suddenly materialised on the table. That didn't stop him from piling a very large helping of everything onto his plate, something which caused all four Greengrasses to raise an eyebrow.

"Wow, Harry, you must've worked up quite the appetite out there," Tiberius commented approvingly as Harry set to demolishing his extra-large serving of food.

Harry nodded in agreement as he swallowed his latest mouthful of food before replying, "Yeah, although I'm always hungry these days." Violet looked ready to comment on his assertion, but before she could open her mouth there came a tapping on one of the windows.

Turning to look, she said instead, "Dear, were you expecting an owl?" The mention of an owl caused Harry to look, and sure enough, there was a tawny owl sitting on the windowsill, a letter tied to its leg.

Tiberius frowned slightly, "I don't think so, and that's not an owl I recognise." Despite this, he crossed to the window and opened it, allowing the owl to hop inside. As he reached for the letter, however, the owl quickly fluttered past him to land on the table in front of Harry and held out its leg.

"Harry?" Violet seemed bewildered by this turn of events, "Were you expecting an owl from someone?"

"I don't think so," Harry answered, unsure. "I don't know anyone but Remus who uses an ow-" then he cut himself off, remembering, "-actually, yes! I was expecting an owl! This must be from Luna!" Excitedly, he reached out and untied the letter from the owl's leg and quickly ripped open the envelope.

"Who is Luna?" Daphne asked, her voice was tinged with something Harry hadn't heard from her before, but he was too distracted to take much notice.

"Oh, she's a friend! I met her in the forest before Dumbledore came to pick me up, she told me she'd be sending an owl but at the time I didn't realise that meant she was a witch."

More like, 'at the time We were trying to wheedle information out of Dumbledore and didn't want to undermine it by saying We'd already talked to a witch,' but whatever. Venom silently corrected Harry as his host unfolded Luna's letter and began to read.

"Dear Harry and Venom,

I'm still not completely sure if I should write to you as 'Venom' or 'Harry and Venom' but for this letter, I settled on the second one. I hope you haven't been getting into too much trouble since we saw each other, I know Venom is quite the troublemaker. -"

Hey! It's not me! It's your terrible luck that keeps getting us into trouble! Venom defended.

"-It's nice knowing that I have friends now, even if I don't get to see them, but it would be nice to see you again. I hope Moony will let you come visit now that you're not living with the Dursleys any more. I would like to hear how that happened, by the way. -"

Wait, how does she know We're living with Moony and not the Dursleys? Harry was perplexed.

Remember when she knew Dumbledore was coming? Venom reminded his host, Maybe she's some kind of prophet or something?