Chapter 7: An August Malevolence

ANNOUNCEMENT: I have posted a poll on my profile regarding the length of chapters going forward. Please go and vote if you have an opinion because, otherwise, the result will likely end up being different from your preference. This chapter is an example of the "short chapters often" length of a chapter. The poll will be available for a month following the release of this chapter, after which I will be posting new chapters of the specified length (hopefully) at the specified interval.

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: I have recently posted both Lethal Injection and Tyrant Rising on Wattpad, so if you prefer Wattpad, you can read them there now. Or if you just want to check them out and help support me starting out on another site, that'd be cool too. To be clear: this is not me abandoning FanFiction.Net in favour of Wattpad, just me branching out and making my stories more widely available.

Review Answers:

Darkscythe Drake: Will we be exploring on how Harry and Venom's relationship develops in the closest coming chapters? Yes, I would argue we explore that pretty much every chapter. I'm not going to have them sit down and describe exactly their feelings toward each other and how that's developed, but their interactions will (I hope) show all you need.

Sectoid: Could Venom eat magical creatures and become magical himself? Can he make tendrils into runes and Harry powers them? To the first question, no. That's fundamentally not a part of Venom's power set, symbiotes can gain the abilities of creatures they fully bond with, but that's a physical power, not a magical one. To the second, again no. If Venom formed a tendril into a rune it would still need to connect to his body, which would ruin the shape of the rune. If Venom attempted to separate the tendril from himself it would crumble away and definitely wouldn't be resilient enough to hold magic.

Blaze1992: So Eddie is left to suffer alone then? By the way, WHERE IS HEDWIG? Plus why was there no reaction to the ship crash? For the first two questions, yes and you'll find out. The third question requires a slightly longer answer. There was a reaction to the ship crash, we just haven't seen that reaction because it was in the muggle world, which we have more or less left behind in the story.

Everyone Who Has Commented About the Guy Having a Gun in Chapter 1: Yes, I am aware it is extremely difficult to get a gun in the U.K. I was born and raised in England. That's why only the leader had a gun and it was a small easily concealable gun. Even though guns are very rare in England, it is possible to get your hands on one if you have enough money and the right connections. Someone who's relatively high up in a human trafficking ring operating out of London would have both. Even if I had every single person wielding a rocket launcher, it's fiction, calm down. Also, as an incredibly large, busy, and metropolitan city, there's a lot of sketchy shit happening in London. It's relatively minute compared to how enormous London is, and you're highly unlikely to ever encounter it unless you live there and are actively looking for it, but it exists.

Author's Note: I don't have very much to say this time, so just enjoy the chapter.

Disclaimer: I don't own Venom or Harry Potter

For a moment, Harry and Venom almost transformed. The keen observer might have noticed a slight ripple that ran through Harry's clothing as if it had suddenly turned to liquid, but then the reality of the situation settled in.

Arranged in front of them were not only the Greengrasses but Luna, Hermione, Dumbledore, and a girl about his age with short spiky brown hair he had never met before. Beyond them, Harry could see a table piled high with a bewildering assortment of snacks, sweets, and desserts topped off with an enormous chocolate cake. The words, "Happy Birthday Harry!" had been written on the side of the cake in bright green icing.