Chapter 6: Time's Toxicity (Part 1)

ANNOUNCEMENT: My Mother recently passed away, so, once I've had time to get my life back together, this story and (hopefully) Tyrant Rising will be back onto a regular updating schedule.

ALSO: Since I will now be working on my stories more consistently, I am still looking for someone to help with beta-ing my stories. Ideally, I'm looking for someone to help proof-read chapters for errors, and someone to discuss the progression of the story with. My natural inclination is to rush through things and to try and cram too many different ideas into a single story, I'm looking for someone who can help me see when I am exhibiting those faults and to help me avoid over-compensating for them. In addition, this story may eventually involve some lemons, and its sequels definitely will, so I would prefer someone who is comfortable with beta-reading those as well. If you are interested, please PM me.

Review Answers:

gbbz: Don't worry this story isn't going to turn into a crack-fic, the humorous tone is just how I naturally write. Apart from the omakes, which will not be a regular thing and will always be a bit sillier in tone than the story proper. They're optionally canonical, if you want to ignore them you can. Also, shout-out for being my 50th review.

Chrono Phoenix: I feel like Venom can Sword of Gryffindor Remus' Lycanthropy. Also is this a Harem or just a bunch of girlfriends or crushes before finding the one kinda of story? For the first part, I'm not really sure what you mean by 'Sword of Gryffindor', I'm assuming you're positing that Venom can absorb the beneficial elements of Lupin's lycanthropy. Regardless, no, Venom cannot influence or be influenced by Lupin's lycanthropy. Lycanthropy is a magical disease and Venom, as I have previously stated, is entirely mundane. As a result, he isn't able to cure someone of lycanthropy the way he can cure cancer, and he can't take on any of the abilities conferred by lycanthropy unless his host is infected. As for whether it's a bunch of girlfriends/crushes before finding the one or a harem, I guess you'll have to keep reading to find out.

Darkscythe Drake: Will Carnage appear? I may have some plans involving Carnage, but they won't be playing out for quite a while because I have someone very specific in mind to bond with him.

Author's Note: Hello my, hopefully, rabid readers! Not too much to say at the beginning of this chapter, apart from admitting that I had a few months of total writer's block that I had to force my way through. Regardless, I managed, and now you can enjoy the fruits of my labours. At least, I hope you enjoy them. Shout-out to jh831, and eragon13579 for reviewing every single chapter as they read them, I really appreciate it.

A quick clarification regarding the nature of the crossover: the Venom (2018) aspect is really only referring to the fleshing out of Riot's abilities and the means by which Venom enters into the story. Apart from that, the references are mostly to the comics, and even those have only extended (and will only extend) to symbiote characters entering into the HP universe. In all honesty, I could just change the names and how I explain the powers to work slightly and label Venom and the other crossover characters as OCs. In regard to actual changes to the HP universe, there are far fewer in this fic than in most AUs. If I ever decide to take Harry and Venom into the Marvel Universe (cinematic or otherwise) that story will most definitely be posted under the crossover section, because it won't really be a HP story, it'll be a HP crossover story.

Also, I posted a new story! Tyrant Rising, it's an HP/Warhammer 40,000 crossover and quite a bit darker in tone than this, so check that out.