Chapter 58 - School Festival!

After he made it onto school grounds Izuku was able to use his quirk to get to his dorm as quick as he could before getting changed and grabbing his flute on the way out. He arrived at the correct gym about ten minutes before they were scheduled to perform.

He was promptly scolded by Jiro, Bakugo, Iida and Yaoyorozu about being on time however all of them, bar Iida, had to go on stage where the curtains were still down. 

The effects team were in various locations around the gym, the dance troupe prepared in the wings, and the band prepared on stage. The lights when down, the audience hushed, and the curtains opened.

Izuku was the count in, the idea was to use his quirk to illuminate the entire gym as he did so.

"1!" He called out, tapping his foot, and sending a massive amount of lightning through the gym. It successfully illuminated the entire place in a neon green.

"2!" He did the same again, and he looked up the back. He knew Eri was currently being looked after by Nejire, and the little girl and her Mama were up the back so Nejire could keep getting her measurements done in preparation for the beauty contest and Eri wouldn't be overwhelmed by the amount of people.

"3!"

"4!"

With that Bakugo started the drum intro and class 1-A began their well-rehearsed show. Izuku, as when he had his parts he held the melody, would use lightning at each note, illuminating the gym and providing a light show.

Similarly, Bakugo used his explosions to give his drum parts more "Oomph!"(as Kaminari had put it), and also to do more light shows. For her part, Yaoyorozu was using her quirk on an infinite activation and deactivation cycle, something her and Bakugo had figured out in preparation for this to illuminate her arms with the pattern her quirk produced when she made an item. Kaminari was using his own electricity to add to his own guitar parts and Jiro used her quirk to boost her singing and guitar.

All in all, it was a very flashy concert.

Izuku watched Eri on Nejire's shoulders and felt his smile rise slightly as he saw the little girl really enjoying herself. 

What made him happiest the entire concert though, was as Aoyama was thrown into the crowd with a combination of Uraraka's quirk and the efforts of the dance troupe and began acting as a disco ball, Izuku's flute solo began as his melody took overlapped with Jiro's singing and the rest of the band acted as support.

And Eri smiled.

Izuku felt a weight lift off his shoulders as he poured more emotion into his playing, more happiness, more hope, and he could see that Nejire had also noticed the little girl's smile and was flying happily with Eri still on her shoulder's (much to annoyance of Yuyu who was still trying to take Nejire's measurements and to the amusement of Tamaki and Mirio who were watching the concert from nearby).

Izuku's solo ended and he fell back into a secondary melody role for the remainder of the song, and Jiro wrapped up the piece as the curtains closed.

Behind the curtains all of class 1-A gathered into a massive group hug, before Mina took several selfies with the whole class and the various groups involved. Everyone was really happy and they were quick to put that energy to cleaning up, and it took less than half an hour after Izuku destroyed all the ice and the rest of the class got to work cleaning various bits and pieces. He knew Eri was currently being looked after by Mirio and Tamaki whilst Nejire went back to being prepared for her beauty contest.

 After they finished cleaning up class 1-A split off into separate activities, and from what he knew Iida went with Todoroki and Yoarashi (who was given permission to come along) to go try all the food stands, Uraraka and Asui went together to look at the petting zoo (along with Koda and Tokoyami), Jiro and Kaminari went to watch some of the other music exhibits, and Bakugo and Yaoyorozu went together to do some of the game stalls that were obviously rigged but together were going to prove it and effectively force them to give them things.