Chapter 30 - To camp!

Izuku carefully unwrapped the bandages around his neck, revealing, thankfully, no remaining bruises or scaring. He sighed as he chucked it into his room's bin, he'd have to take it out later.

But for now, he changed into casual clothes and promised to meet Nejire outside one of the forests before he left to camp. He was all packed and prepared to go. He left his bags in his room for now and went outside to meet Nejire.

"Nejire!" Izuku called out, getting her attention. She noticed him, jumping up from where she was sitting and crashing into him with a hug. Izuku had picked up on this pretty quickly, bracing himself and hugging her back, making sure the two didn't fall onto the ground.

"Please be careful..." She almost whispered, much to Izuku's concern. He had an odd feeling about this trip, and it seemed like she had it too.
"I will be, don't worry!" Izuku told her, smiling to hide his own worry. Nejire's unusually piercing gaze told him everything he needed to know, and he hugged her a little tighter. "I'll do my best, alright?"

Nejire just nodded a little, releasing Izuku as he, mustering his courage, kissed her cheek before going again. "I'll see you in a week's time!"

What he didn't hear was Nejire's last whisper.

Izuku had emptied his room's bin, cleaned everything and dragged his luggage downstairs and out the front, waiting with the rest of the class. He pulled out a book, his phone and headphones ready for the several hour bus ride. He engaged in conversation with several classmates, mostly Todoroki and Iida.

Eventually, Aizawa-sensei showed up and Iida and Yaoyorozu directed the class onto the bus after loading all the luggage into the storage for such underneath. Iida sat up the back to "keep all those hooligans in check!", whilst Todoroki and Izuku sat together in the middle, away from the gossip at the front and the... rowdiness at the back. The other students in the quieter section included Tokoyami, Koda, Shoji, and surprisingly Aoyama (no-one gave him the attention he wanted, so somewhere he shines the brightest kind of made sense to Izuku).

Regardless, the students in the section did their best to ignore the rest of the bus, when Kaminari tried to start everyone singing "Wheels on the bus" (which was followed quickly by everyone trying to keep Kaminari alive after he tried to force Bakugo to sing) to Mina chanting at Yaoyorozu to get her crush out of her (who promptly knocked Mina out with a rubber bat, at some point she got confident).

Izuku kept to himself, taken up in a notebook as he continued prep for his super move ideas. He was buried in the notebook when Todoroki informed him that the bus had stopped. "Wait, really?" Izuku asked, putting it away.
"Mmhm. We've been driving for about an hour, and we've stopped for a brief rest," Todoroki explained, getting up with the rest of the bus.

Izuku just nodded, following Todoroki as they got off.

There the class stood, Kaminari shorted out being pulled by an exhausted Sero, an unconscious Mina being dragged by Hagakure, Yaoyorozu's blush being handled by Jiro, Kirishima struggling to hold back Bakugo, and a Mineta busting for the toilet.

Iida took charge and gathered the class, where Aizawa-sensei got their attention, as another car pulled up. Out stepped two pro heroines in cat costumes and a small boy. "Ah, good, you've arrived," Aizawa-sensei spoke, greeting the newcomers, "Helping us with the camp will be the Wild Wild Pussycats, here are two of the members."
"Rock on with these sparkling gazes! We've come to lend a paw and help! Coming out of nowhere... Stingingly cute and catlike! Wild, Wild Pussycats!" Mandalay and Pixiebob proclaimed, striking a pose whilst the little boy hung out in the background, glaring at everything and everyone.

"No way!" Izuku suddenly spoke up, his hair spiking up as he began to speak faster subconsciously, "The Wild Wild Pussycats are an incredible four person rescue team that were established when we were only around 5, and recently passed a decade of work since the establishment a few years after they all finished high scho-"