15

That night, I could not sleep, my thoughts wild, a violent tornado of thoughts and memories. His lips brushing across hers, gently caressing her, his fingers running across her back, his brown eyes, his brown eyes...David. James. I held my head in my hands, my body curled tightly into a ball, lying on my bed heavily, tears running down my cheeks as I relived that moment again and again in my head. The moment where it ended. Where it all shattered. "GET OUT!" "'To love is to destroy...'"

  Suddenly, I felt it, a gentle twisting of my gut this time, but a twist of the gut, nevertheless. I sat up abruptly in my bed, my breaths coming up short, my heart slamming into a stop against my ribs. James. I strapped throwing stars and daggers onto my inner thigh quickly, slipping a sword and a knife onto my belt as well as a pistol. I dashed down the corridors, jumping out of windows, skidding across rooftops, all the while tying my long hair back into a tight bun. 

   See, in the past, when I was still a criminal, I got into a fight in a ponytail and the criminal managed to get a hold of my ponytail, allowing my neck to be exposed for quite a while. That fight lasted longer than I'd like and I would like this fight to be short and sweet, thank you very much, and therefore, the bun.

  Anyways, I reached the door to James's apartment. I placed my hand gently on the door, dispelling the bad memories it brought to me right now. Swiftly, I picked the lock to his door and let myself in quietly. I crept around silently, when I heard it---a slight shuffle of feet, muffled grunts and a quiet commotion. A suppressed struggle. 

  I dashed to the bedroom to come face to face with a body guard guarding the door. He opened his mouth, possibly to warn the people inside. I would not know. All I know is that he sure as hell is not going to announce my presence to everyone...I am the one who can do that, and me only!

  I slammed a foot into him, and the force of my kick sent him crashing into the door, revealing the scene unfolding inside. There were several vampires in his room, and James, in the midst of it all, had bodies littered around him. But he was tiring, even I could see that, clear as day. That was the problem with James. His stamina. He always uses up all his energy at the start and does not have enough to end what he started.

  All the heads were turned to look at me. It would have been a comical sight, if not for the dire circumstances. Ah well, a girl cannot have everything. I put on a cocky smirk, as though I was not utterly losing my mind and being on the verge of a mental break down. Honestly, this boy is more trouble than he is worth! I swear I have more stress ever since I decided to hang around this idiot than the rest of my life.

  "Hear ye hear ye," I declared cheekily, "I have arrived." I tossed them a wink and launched into a full on attack mode, cutting down the vampires wave by wave. Question, how many of them are there exactly and how on earth is no one witnessing this right now? My sword is caked in blood, and sweat is starting to bead on my forehead. My arm hurts like crazy and how on earth did that arrow get there?

  "ENOUGH!" A loud, authoritative voice rang out among the throng of vampires. I cocked an eyebrow and pouted mockingly, "But...I was just starting to enjoy myself." I stabbed another vampire rebelliously. The vampires stopped trying to kill my beautiful self and respectfully parted, revealing a vampire with James in a chokehold, a dagger glinting near his throat. His eyes were heavily lidded, he must be drugged again. I wonder idly what drug it is. Seems useful.

  But it was not the only thing that occupied my mind. Far from it, really. Because the vampire was strangely familiar. Long black hair, black eyes and pale as the moon. My mind went blank and the world started spinning and suddenly, I felt very nauseous. 

  "Fairy," Her eyes flashed dangerously, "Don't try to test me." Her voice was just as I remembered. Cool and level, tinged with the emotions she felt.