22. Take Her Back

Third Person POV

It was a happy and sane sunday, the weather outside was quite chilly. The entire shrama family and Pari were having a good time chatting with each other. They were enjoying each other's company unknown to them they were yet to appear for a significant assessment.

They were in the midst of having a great time, when a loud ringing of doorbell interrupted their moment and grabbed everyone's attention.

One of the maid went and opened the door to see police and a few people standing outside and their eyes were wondering as if they were searching for a specific person.

"Pari? Pari?" An unknown woman started yelling and made her way in the living room which was occupied with the Sharma family.

As soon as everyone heard the loud yells of a woman they became alert and cautious. Advik immediately moved towards Pari and stood in front of her in a protective stance when he saw the lady taking long strides towards Pari.

"Wait! Who are you?" Advik demanded from the lady.

"Pari---" Was the only answer he got.

On the other hand Pari was distraughted to see a few people barging inside and calling for her. Did they know her? Were they her family? She thought.

"How do you know her? We call her as Pari. How do you know this name?" This time it was Vihaan who butted in between.

"Inspector can I ask what's happening here? What are you all doing at my place?" Mr Sharma asked also feeling a bit protective over Pari. All this time she was like a daughter for him whom he adored a lot.

"Mr Advik please calm down. After your car accident which involved Ms Pari, you had ask us to search about her family and her background. Trust me Mr Advik we did our best but at some time this seemed nearly impossible and we lost all hopes for this case but few days back these people came to us and reported that they have seen their niece with you in a shopping mall. We wanted to be sure that's why we went to the shopping mall and confirmed it through the CCTV system that when they saw their niece with you they were shocked, they even tried to run after you but it was too late. Mr Advik they are her real family." The inspector said and instantaneously the serene and bubbly environment turned into a gloomy one.

Pari seemed to be in her own trance. She was unable to comprehend the situation unfolding in front of her eyes. For so long she hoped and wished to meet her real family and now when they were standing in front of her she felt as if someone has snatched her soul from her body. Surprisingly Instead of feeling exuberant she was feeling a bit suffocated in their presence.

"It's impossible." Mrs Sharma muttered.

"It's not--- She is our daughter. Please let me talk to her, please let me hug her." The unknown women started yelling and sobbing.

"Stop with your crocodile tears. She is now our family. Even though you have a blood relation with her, I won't give up easily. She is my responsibility therefore I demand the truth from your side." Advik voiced out his opinion which caused a flip in Pari's stomach. She was giddy that Advik was putting up a real fight for her.

"You have to answer my few questions then only I can think to let you go near her. Until and unless all my queries and doubt's regarding you all get resolved I won't let you go near her." Advik furiously stated.

The woman could only sob as her hands were itching to touch and hold her niece. The lady fell down on the floor while crying and instantly was surrounded by the other two people who came with her. One was her daughter while the other was her husband.

"Sir we are ready to answer all your questions. We just want to have our niece back." The man said while holding his wife.

"How do you know her name? We have named her as Pari then why are you addressing her by this name? What's your relationship with Pari?" Advik asked in an authoritative tone.

"I don't know if you all will believe us or not but her original name is Pari. It was her mother who decided her name. About us we are her uncle and aunt. I am Vijay Kapoor and she is my wife Rita Kapoor. Pari is our niece. She is my elder brother's daughter. My elder brother and his wife died in a car accident when she was only 18 years old. Since then she was living with us.

We have already shown all the original documents regarding our identity to the police. We have also brought our family albums where you can see Pari with her parents and with us as well. We have her latest pictures also." The man addressing himself as Pari's uncle said.

As soon as Pari heard about her parents death she started breathing heavily. Her head was ready to burst from such an extensive information. Tears were constantly running through her eyes like a stream which had no end.

Advik was hurt to see her in such a state but the thought of losing her was hurting him more.

"Till now where were you all? You didn't even try to file a missing report. Why? And the main part why is she having bruises on her body?" Advik growled as his mind flashed with a thought of these people abusing his Pari.

"Mr Advik here I would like to say something. When they came to us it was the first question we asked them and after hearing it I was puzzled to be honest but then our team searched evidence in behalf of their statement and it turned out to be true that they have not abused her. The truth is Ms Pari was involved in a toxic relationship with her boyfriend. She had also cut all her ties with her family because of that guy. The entire neighborhood where she used to live with her uncle and aunt after her parent's death is claiming that from past three months they had never seen Ms Pari.

They had heard a girl's voice which probably was of Ms Pari, she was fighting for a boy with her uncle and aunt. According to the Kapoor's Ms Pari left them for her boyfriend because they didn't approve of her relation. They tried to make her understand that the man was toxic for her but all in vain. All the statements of those neighbors are also recorded. I think at the night of that accident probably she was running from her abusive boyfriend." The inspector said more like dropped a bombshell on everyone.

"Pari---?" Vihaan yelled when he saw her fainting.

"Pari?" Advik and the rest of the people shouted when they saw Pari lying on the floor. Advik carried Pari bridal style and was about to leave the room when he saw Kapoor family watching her with longing eyes.

"Inspector I'll talk to you later and please I request you all to leave us right now. She is stressed and I don't want to increase her pain. She is already suffering from amnesia and till the moment she doesn't gain her memory back I won't let anyone take her from me." Advik said with a determined voice and took Pari in her room.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys 🌺

Additional characters which are introduced in this chapter are -

Vijay Kapoor (Pari's uncle)
Rita Kapoor (Pari's aunt)
Ishika Kapoor (Pari's sister)

•How was the chapter? 

•What do you feel about the Kapoor's? Are they genuine or not?

•What will Advik do now? Will he help and reunite Pari with her family? Any guesses?

This is only the start of Angst, there's a lot more to come.