→ five

"rinnie, gaon wants a snack!"

"no, sejin wants one more!"

hyerim stared blankly as the two children continued bickering.

"no, you want one!"

"no, you!"

"okayyy how about i go get some chips and we can watch a movie?" the best friends screamed in agreement and the brunette huffed a sigh.

she'd watched over the two since they were toddlers, but today they seemed a bit more energetic. or maybe hyerim was just tired. either way, the girl found her feet dragging as she approached the pantry and grabbed a bag of shrimp puffs.

by the time she arrived back to the seven-year-olds, sejin and gaon were seated in front of the tv. however, when hyerim noticed what was playing on the screen, her eyes bulged and she ran to change the channel.

felix had come over to watch a movie after studying a few nights ago, and the high schoolers decided to watch deadpool. since they were too tired to finish it, the girl paused it and went to bed.

turns out she forgot to switch off of her account because now a very very gruesome scene was playing for the children.

sejin had his eyes covered while gaon was beaming. she pouted when hyerim turned on frozen. "but hyerimmm, i want to watch that movie!"

"no gaon! we're gonna die!" the little boy sobbed in response.

hyerim ran a hand through her hair and tossed the chip bag on the kids. "here! i'll let you eat as much as you want if you don't tell your moms."

the two nodded in unison and the brunette fell back into an empty chair. even though she was exhausted, hyerim still sang along to the songs with sejin and gaon.

"let it goooo, let it go!" the three screeched, two wearing large smiles while the third wanted to evaporate into thin air.

hyerim wondered if her friends would be up for another hour of minecraft. her mind quickly drifted from the musketeers to the hockey team. what was so scary about them? okay, a dumb question, they basically ran the school, but so what? the girl with wavy hair didn't understand why she was expected to cower beneath the icy gaze of lee jeno...

... which led to her think about the it boy's eyes and how sparkly they were. dark, but not completely black, with dashes of—

shaking her head, hyerim cleared her thoughts and sunk deeper into her chair. jeno wasn't intimidating. he may pretend to be at school or in front of his little team, but she girl knew how he acted around his mom and gaon.

"rinnie, are you watching?" sejin called from his spot on the couch, and hyerim looked up at him with a smile. "yes, sejin. it's just as interesting the twenty-third time you see it."

clearly missing her sarcasm, the satisfied kid beamed and turned back to the screen. the brunette let out a loving huff and faced the film.

she wondered what her soulmate was doing...

── 🩹 ──

"jeno!" haechan called, running up and practically throwing himself on the elder. the boy with blue hair shot a glare at him from over his padded shoulder, but the one with golden-hair didn't seem to mind.

"you got complimented by coach sicheng again~" haechan stated in a high-pitched voice. "how does it feel to be the favorite?"

jeno rolled his eyes as he shoved the boy off of him. "i'm not the favorite."

"you totally are. but it's okay; we don't care."

"hey!" the two boys glanced to the side until their eyes landed on yangyang, who was skipping towards them. "you guys have any plans? some of the other players and i were thinking about heading to mcdonald's or something."

jeno shifted his weight between his feet as he thought, but haechan didn't even hesitate to jump up in excitement. "oh, hell yeah! how long has it been since we've all hung out without shitty hockey talk?"

the boy with blue hair watched as yangyang tossed an arm around the beaming tan boy. ruffling his hair, the eldest exhaled lightly and tipped his head to the side. "i don't know... i have to pick my little sister up from her friend's house soon."

his reasoning made the younger's groan loudly. "come on, cap! it'll be fun."

"twenty minutes tops."

jeno hesitantly glanced down at the time on his phone. 6:45. coach let them out 15 minutes early since he needed to get home; 15 minutes of free time, which jeno was going to use to get a car wash before grabbing gaon.

the feeling of haechan's hands on his pulled the boy from his thoughts. "come onnn, jen" he dragged with a little pout that made the elder cringe. "it'll be fun, i promise! plus, you haven't eaten since lunch. aren't you hungry?"

jeno's stomach grumbled at the mention of food. the sound sent a sparkle to yangyang's eyes and he balled his fists. "i'll take that as a yes! hurry up and get changed, we're leaving in five."

muffling a groan, jeno rolled his eyes and began pulling his hockey armor off.

it was gonna be a long night.

poor hyerim-if you see "frozen 2" anywhere pls ignore that- i forgot this book is set in 2017 😅

poor hyerim-
if you see "frozen 2" anywhere pls ignore that- i forgot this book is set in 2017 😅