→ thirty-one

"you guys ready?" hyerim asked cheerfully, glancing over her shoulder at the two children holding her hands

"you guys ready?" hyerim asked cheerfully, glancing over her shoulder at the two children holding her hands. gaon and sejin wore giant, matching smiles as they jumped up and down behind the brunette, giggling with glee as they entered the gymnasium.

"yes! nono is going to defeat them so badly!" gaon snickered, an evil grin spreading across her face. hyerim scrunched her nose at the younger to show that she agreed without saying it directly.

"okay," the girl called, loud enough for both kids to hear without having to turn around. "we're going to meet some friends of mine. is that okay with you, gaon?"

the lee twisted her lips to the side and poked her cheek as if she were thinking, quickly glancing up at the elder not long after. "yep!"

smiling down at the two, hyerim gave their hands gentle squeezes and beckoned them to follow her up the stairs of the bleachers. the brunette stood on her tippy toes to get a better look over the crowd, scanning for the horsemen with pursed lips.

"rimmie!"

the girl turned towards the voice, an almost gummy smile appearing when she spotted the bouncing, frantically waving australian. she quickly told the kids she found their seats and hurried towards the blond, smile only growing when she spotted the others beside him.

"soobin! minnie! i didn't think you guys would come," she confessed, carefully helping gaon and sejin into their seats before facing her friends. the boy with pale blue hair rolled his eyes, the smallest of smirks tugging at his lips. "yeah, yeah, we had nothing better to do."

hyerim nodded along sarcastically, about to joke back when she felt a small tap on her arm. glancing towards her brother, the girl followed his finger towards their newest guest, and the brunette beamed. "violet!"

the said girl was dressed casually, shyly pushing a strand of dark hair behind her ear. "sorry, i thought you said row 12, not 21..." hyerim waved her off, smiling brightly as she motioned for her to sit.

the brunette was about to strike up some conversation when she remembered her plans and stood, the suddenness surprising everyone around her. "i have to go meet jeno!"

she hurriedly handed her things to felix, rapping out small thank you's and she tried to move past the group. "oh, violet, can you watch these two?"

a look of panic washed through the eyes on the only child as her gaze flicked from the kids to the brunette. "uh—"

"i'll be right back!" and then hyerim bolted.

violet glanced between gaon and sejin, the latter smiling fondly. "she's so cute! like a real-life cartoon character!" the smaller noirette furrowed her brows, leaning closer towards the elder. "do you like superheroes?"