→ fourteen

tw! mentions of self harm + blood!

it was way too late when jeno finally arrived home

it was way too late when jeno finally arrived home. some of the less experienced players asked the boy if he could stay and teach them more skills like his, and he did. by the time he was seated in his car, it was almost 11.

twisting the key into the ignition, a soft song played from the radio, and the blue-haired boy let his eyes drift shut for a moment, car still in park.

"just stop your cryin' it's the sign of the times..."

rubbing the tiredness from his eyes, jeno put the car in reverse and backed out of the parking lot before switching to drive and making his way home. it didn't take long to reach his house, and the roads were practically empty, but jeno still paid full attention ahead.

pulling into the driveway, the boy parked his car and jumped out, opening the trunk to grab his hockey gear since the locker room was, well, locked. yawning, the blue-haired boy tiredly reached for his open bag since he'd been too lazy to properly close it.

tucking the bag under his arm, jeno felt something fall and quickly reached back to catch it. it was just his jersey, but when he twisted back to grab it, one of his skates had slipped out of the bag.

suddenly, the boy hissed, completely dropping his bag and kneeling on the ground, right hand tightly wrapped around his wrist.

the blue-haired boy kept his eyes shut. he knew that when he saw the arm he'd feel it, and he really didn't want to feel it.

jeno slowly opened his eyes, mouth falling in a silent gasp. blood was pooling and leaking out through the cracks between his fingers, and it hurt. the boy started getting light headed, but he knew that if he took the pressure he applied off, he may pass out... or worse.

jeno shakily rose to his feet, hurrying towards the front door and continuously pressing the doorbell with his elbow. after what must have only been a few seconds, his mother appeared in her blue robe.

"what—?! oh my god," she quickly pulled the belt from her robe and tied it around her son's bicep. "lee jeno, what did you do?!"

"i-it was an accident..."

his mother quickly wrapped her arms around his shoulder as she led him towards his car, carefully placing him in the passenger seat before running to the drivers side and starting the car. "don't you dare fall asleep, got it?"

the boy nodded, keeping the pressure on his arm as his mom sped out of their driveway and towards the hospital.

── 🩹 ──