→ thirty-four

neither hyerim nor jeno could stop smiling to themselves the next day, and it was starting to annoy their friends

felix was the first to break, rolling his eyes with an overdramatic groan before staring at the ex-bestie. "rimmie, i love you, but you're kinda creeping me out."

the said girl faced him, smiling even wider to tease the blond, "aww why? isn't happiness contagious?"

"not when it's coming from a joker grin."

the brunette giggled, playfully shoving felix to the side. class was almost over, meaning lunch was right around the corner. hyerim promised jeno that she would sit with him, inviting her friends along as well. she was sure they were more comfortable with each other now than when they first met, and it was apparent in the way they didn't fight to accept the offer.

the lunch bell rang, and the girl collected her items before tossing an arm around soobin and seungmin's shoulders. "i love you guys. my horsemen~" the boys cringed and squirmed beneath her grip, earning an evil cackle from the brunette.

within two minutes, the group of five were in the lunchroom, hyerim still hugging seungmin and soobin while felix spoke with violet. well,
more like teasing her about the way her eyes dwindled on the brown-haired book reader.

when the brunette spotted the table of hockey players, she raised a hand and waved ecstatically, quickly grabbing the group's attention.

"hyerim!" haechan called, shooting up as he shook his arms cutely. the said girl laughed at his reaction, trying to copy it as she released her two friends and approached the table.

jeno's eyes were trained on her, a small smile stuck on his lips as he watched her grin and giggle. they were so caught in up their group that neither noticed felix and violet flip off a fuming seoyeon.

hyerim pulled the two glaring friends beside her, offering them each a blueberry. she fed one to violet who accepted, facing her boyfriend afterward to see him with a frown on his face.

following his pointed gaze, the brunette noticed quickly that he was staring at the girl accepting blueberries. hyerim sighed through her nose, lowering her hand as she turned towards her glowering boyfriend. "why don't you like her?" the girl asked suddenly, grabbing jeno's attention. "huh?"

the long-haired girl gave the other's hand a gentle tug. "rim, you don't have to..."

"she's yoo seoyeon's friend, isn't she? aren't you? didn't she," he lowered his voice so only the girl beside him could hear, "didn't she make you cry, rim?" hyerim's lips fell into a pout, understanding her boyfriend's doubts but also wanting him to be accepting of her and her friends. "that shouldn't—"