Chapter 56

Tyler helped lift me to my feet. My legs still shaking from the insane orgasm he gave me. He runs downstairs to grab my pants and underwear. I sit in his desk chair and spin myself before stopping and fidgeting with things in his desk.

I begin shuffling the stack of envelopes stopping at a rather large, bulky one. I scan it and realize it's already been opened. I pull the stack of papers out of the envelope and begin reading the front page.

"Dear Mr. Tyler Smith,

It is with great pleasure that we would like to offer you a full scholarship..."
that's as far as I got before I heard his footsteps coming down the hall.

"Here ya go, babe." He says turning the chair to face him.

I see his expression change once he realized what I'm holding.

"B. Wait let me explain-"

"Tyler this is amazing!" I say waving the envelope in front of him.

"You mean you're not upset?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Tyler why would I be upset? You got a full ride doing what you love!"

"Because I'm leaving you.."

"Ty. I love you more than anything, but Don't let this hold you back." I explain motioning between us

"But what if.. ya know" he looks down at my stomach

I stand in front of him and grab his hands "Tyler I'm not going to let you throw away this opportunity because we may or may not be having a baby. Or I may or may not be sick. You have to be selfish for your future. You have to do this"

His eyes search mine before he shuts them hard and turns away, Facing the wall.

"You have no idea how good that is to hear" he sighs.

"Did you actually expect me to be upset?!" I ask

"Well I don't know, I guess I just didn't want you to think I was leaving you stranded through everything"

"It's fine Ty. We both knew this day would come."

"Ya but I didn't think we would be facing such.. adult things." He faces me again. His eyes welled with tears.

"Tyler, I should get the results tomorrow, until then, let's try not to think too much into it." I smile even though My stomach is doing somersaults thinking about it. "Let's go to bed" I finish, pulling him down onto the mattress with me.

He snuggles into me. His scent filling my nostrils. I toy with his hair until his breathing gets heavier and he begins lightly snoring soon after.

•••

Tyler opens the door to the clinic and ushers me through, following close behind.

The nurse brings us into a room straight away
"The doctor will be in shortly" she says sweetly closing the door behind her.

"Holy fuck I'm sweating bullets" Tyler says

"Same" I say while laughing.

Our nervous laughter is interrupted when the doctor knocks on the door.

"Hey you two." She says with a smile.

She sits in front of the computer and opens up my file. "Okay, let's see here" she hums while clicking through pages.

She scrolls for a while before Tyler interrupts "so?"

"Sorry, I know you're eager and nervous to find out the results of the tests" The doctor turns in her chair to face us. "Okay, like last time, I can't give results in front of you without her consent." She says smiling in my direction.

"Actually. I think I want to do this alone." I look at Tyler, his face is puzzled.

"Why? Are you sure?"

"Yea I just think it's something I need to face myself. "

Tyler's face looks both confused and upset. But he follows direction and sees himself out of the room. The doctor shuts the door behind him before returning to her chair.

"So.." I sigh.

"Results from the biopsy show pre cancerous cells." She reads my stunned face and continues "Now this sounds scary, but if we treat it now it can definitely be manageable. Other than that, all other results came back fine."

I remain stunned and unable to move or speak.

"I'll give you some pamphlets to read and send you some more information via email. I know it is a lot to take in. We can speak about treatment options once you've had time to process this." She touches my hand lightly. "Are you okay, sweetie? Would you like me to get your boyfriend?"

"Uhm. No. I'm fine. I just need a minute." I finally find my voice.

"Ok I'll give you a minute to process a little more before you leave." She says as she steps out of the room

I don't want him to know because I know it will affect our relationship. I know he'll let it affect his school- I don't want him to jeopardize his future for me. Sure, I love him.. I love him more than anything, but I want him to do what's best for him, and right now it doesn't seem like being with me is what's best.

I have a lot to think about.