Chapter 18

I make eye contact with Tyler on my way to third period. He's walking down the hall with a few of his friends. He looks effortlessly handsome- as usual. He shoots me a wink followed by a sly smile. I find myself flustered at the sight of him.

"HELLOO?! B are you even listening to what I'm saying?" Brett says. She waves her hand in front of my face to gain my attention.

"Oh uh ya totally. School formal dance this Friday. Sounds good" i respond, pretending I heard every detail of what she was saying.

Brett rolls her eyes and continues.
"Yes. Friday is tomorrow. We will get ready at my house, my mom can drop us off. I'll tell the rest of the girls the plan too. I'll see you after class!" She sucks out of the hall into a science lab.

I continue walking the flooded halls to get to my next class. I pull my phone out to check before I enter my classroom.

Tyler: You look beautiful today. :)

I smile at my phone. I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around Tyler's interest in me, but I'm not complaining.

Me: you really know how to make me blush, you know. Are you going to the dance tomorrow?

I tuck my phone back into my bag and walk into the room.

•••

The bell rings to dismiss students for the day. I pull my phone out again, eager to see If Tyler messages me back.

Tyler: I'm just being honest. No I wasn't planning on it, but I'm sure I can be persuaded to ;)

Me: I was hoping to see you there, I think you should come!

Tyler: ah, you twisted my arm. I'll convince some of the boys to go. I look forward to seeing my girl looking fancy.

I find myself smiling at my phone again. MY GIRL. He really knows how to get me going.