Chapter 3

I felt a childish grin spread across my face thinking about the idea of a boy- an OLDER boy- a MATURE boy- a young MAN -being interested in ME. It couldn't be real. This must be some sort of cruel joke.
B, you're overthinking this- he will probably never talk to you again.

I exited the bathroom and walked back out onto the patio. The group of Tanners friends were talking about going to a party tonight. Majority of his friends have been like older brothers to me since we were very young. one of his friends, Brady, grabbed my arm and pulled me towards them as I walked by.
"B and her friends should come too! Get their toes wet with some high school people before their big first day next week! What do ya say B? You want to come to a real party?"  Brady proposed

"Uh, I mean, yea sure. I'll call the girls and see if they can come." I agreed

"Awesome! Get your butt upstairs and get your self ready! Wear something presentable!" He shouted at me as I walked back towards the house.

I like how he felt the need to tell me how to dress. I usually stray from anything form fitting or feminine.. I'm more of a sporty Tom boy. I guess that won't cut it for tonight.
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and messaged the girls to inform them of the plans I made for us tonight.
I placed my phone on the bathroom counter, slipped out of my bathing suit and got in the shower.

As I was drying myself off, I checked my phone to see if the girls had gotten my text. They were in! This is it: we're going to a real party.