I Vaporise My Teacher. Again.

I awoke on my bed, remembering what had happened in the past few hours. I wondered if it was all a dream, if the Olympians had actually killed me and...Thalia...and I was adopted by a new family soon after. To say I was still dumbfounded was an understatement. I looked around, seeing my room for the first time since my mom died, and I realised it was the same as that day. It seemed like a lifetime ago, my mom waking me up so that I could go back to Yancy. That was just weeks before Mrs Dodds revealed herself to be a Fury and I had my first experience with the mythological world. I missed those times, where all I did was go to school, go to camp and go on a quest. I looked around the room to see that it was slightly bigger and there was another bed in it. Sure enough, as my parents had earned me, there was John. He laid in his bed, drooling and snoring almost as loud as Gabe did. 'Wow, I hope I never looked like that' I thought to myself.
'Trust me my son, you could never look that stupid'Gaia's voice spoke in my mind, making me jump.
'Gaia,' I thought in my head, 'please don't tell me you can read my thoughts.' I soon heard her reply in my mind,
'Umm, I can't read your thoughts?' Clearly she wasn't sure what to say, I just smirked and spoke back to her.
'So, if we can talk like this at anytime, can I ask you some questions?'
'Of course, anything.' She told me, obviously trying to be motherly for the first time in millennia.
'Well, I was wondering how I would fight? In the last timeline I had riptide but I need something to defend myself with, either that be from monsters, Gods or demigods.' I told her, knowing I would need some form of weaponry. All of a sudden, I saw some objects appear on my bedside table, there was a ring, bracelet, pen and a watch. 'My son, these weapons were forged by the Elder Cyclopes. The pen is a sword, your bracelet a bow, the ring is a spear and your watch is a shield. Each weapon is an alloy of the immortal metals: Tartarian Steel, Chaos Silver, Imperial Gold, Celestial Bronze and Stygian Iron. The weapons are unbreakable and are imbued with the power to fade immortals. In your wardrobe you will find a black leather jacket with matching trousers. They are blessed by Eros so that they never get dirty and they will morph into any type of clothing that you wish, they even turn into a suit of armour. Like your weapons, the clothes are unbreakable. Are these gifts good for you?' She asked me, genuinely worried that I would complain, saying that I wanted more. Honestly, I was shocked that I got anything more than a sword, but then again I guess my new mother was a mom to go above and beyond for her new child. 'Seriously mom? THIS IS GREAT! I only meant for a sword not all of this, thank you!' I told her, I could imagine the smile on her face hen she heard how happy I was. "Perseus, get up now!" I hear my mo...no Sally...shout at me. The coldness in her voice surprised me, she had always been friendly to anyone she met, seemed like the best the Primordials could get with the fates was me seeing my dead mother again. Oh well, I've got a new family now.

I walked over to the wardrobe and saw my new clothes, I put them on and imagined them being like something Thalia would wear. They morphed into a leather jacket with cargo pants, I seriously thought I looked cool. I left the room and walked into the kitchen, immediately gagging from the stench. I remembered the stench that Gabe left behind but never remembered it being this bad. I could smell a mix of alcohol and cigarettes, in the past I would have felt angry at Gabe for making Sally live with this but now I just ignored it. The smell was fresh compared to Tartarus so I could just sit through it after I got used to it. I sat at the table after getting a bowl of cereal, Sally walked past me not saying a word, it was almost as if I wasn't there. I get that this time I wasn't her son but still, the Primordials made her believe I was her adopted son that was originally her friends child, I honestly thought she would be nicer and more caring but I guess not. I silently sat with my cereal as John walked in, I looked up at him and he looked at the ground, it seemed like he was still scared of me. Sally glared and me obviously trying to threaten me, I just looked back at her without a care in the world. As John sat down, on the opposite of the table I might add, Sally sat next to him asking him if he had a good sleep. I rolled my eyes, obviously she would be friendly towards her own son and not her adopted one. I walked off as she shouted at me to get ready to leave because it was nearly time for school.